There are Sake-flavored Kit-Kats now

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/01/29/there-are-sake-flavored-kit-ka.html

3 Likes

I have had these Kit Kats twice now, and they are unbelievably good.

They taste like white chocolate Kit Kats with a mild sake flavour that lingers.

I am very sad they are limited edition, but I’ve checked sites and several still have boxes available for order.

SO. GOOD.

9 Likes

21 Likes

Why wouldn’t there be? I was given Matcha-flavoured KitKats for Christmas.

11 Likes

cat on left: Itadakimasu. cat on right: kanpai!

6 Likes

Pomegranate or cappuccino. Mochi is also an acceptable answer.

(Chocolate’s good too)

3 Likes

Tiramisu ones ain’t bad either.

Also:

15 Likes

We got some Green Tea ones from @JemmieDuffs’s sister in law for xmas. They were actually pretty tasty.

8 Likes

I was going to post that and then remembered I poached it from you :slight_smile:

Haven’t had a chance at the tiramisu but want to try them!

4 Likes

I can get bags of the minis of those, but I figured I should stop at two chins.

8 Likes

I ordered some from Japan via TENSO. They do have a very mild sake flavor and are pretty good, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to get more.

1 Like

I should check the local Asian markets here as they have a good assortment of candies. My favorite Asian candy is haw flakes.

6 Likes

Do they taste haw-full?

11 Likes

Almost but not quite like currants.

6 Likes

I’ve got a strange compulsion towards these things.

9 Likes

I have ordered some eclectic KitKats, back when I wasn’t destitute. This month I was able to score a local bag of KitKat Black for the little ones, which were fairly good. Weirdest ones I ever had were some limited wine flavors.

2 Likes

I first read this a “snake flavored kit-kats.” I’m glad it’s “sake.”

10 Likes

Those just taste like chicken.

8 Likes

Okay, in my experience, sake has always tasted awful - like tequila. You drink it to be drunk, not for the flavor, right?
Or has it been the case that I continually end up being served skunky sake?
Or is there a genetic disposition, like how cilantro tastes like soap to me and many others?

Seriously…sake has always tasted nasty to me. What gives?

Edit: And yes, though I prefer B & B or Drambuie - I can drink scotch, vodka, gin, etc. with no horrid taste reaction as I have with sake.

That’s a hard question, it’s similar to saying what’s beer taste like. Milwaukee’s Best or Guinness?

Some are very sour and have a harsh alcohol taste, some are smooth and cloudy with a sweet taste.

4 Likes