There are Sake-flavored Kit-Kats now

Incidentally, I’m partial to pales. No matter what people say, Guinness tastes bitter to me.

So maybe it’s just me. I’ll keep on ordering plum wine then.

2 Likes

I’ve tried a number of these flavours via our local Japanese supermarket, including the sweet potato flavor which I quite liked. But I’m slightly crazy for sweet potato and equally crazy for Kitkat. However, I would say it is not worth $291 CDN.

2 Likes

Always good to have a plan A :wink:. There’s some delicious plum wine cocktails out there.

I’m partial to nigori style sake, served cold. They’re usually sweet and the sediment that causes them to be cloudy gives a velvety feel.

[Here’s the first link I found about them because I’m lazy] (http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2011/06/sake-school-all-about-nigori-cloudy-sake.html)

1 Like

Kumara Kit-Kit?

Hmm. I think I just worked out why they don’t sell these in New Zealand.

1 Like

There’s a Chinese yellow rice wine that I’ve been wanting to try called Liquid Cake (type, not brand name), ranging from dry to extra-sweet.

That said, I’m also down with kvass.

2 Likes

I had the wasabi ones, not as spicy (is that the right term for wasabi?) as I expected. Just the flavour of wasabi none of the punch, it was kinda funky, but nice!

But maybe that’s for the best, I had a bar of chilli flavoured chocolate and could not finish it :grimacing:

1 Like

Never had it but I’ve been on the lookout every since hearing about it.

I say you never know what you’ll like, so drink all the drinks! :coffee::wine_glass::baby_bottle::beer::beers::cocktail:

5 Likes

We’re gonna need a bigger glass…

4 Likes

I got mine from a street vendor in Moldova all summer long a few years back.
I liken it to a shandy combined from the leavings from a luncheon party…flat beer, flat cola, and a bit of watery lemonade.

2 Likes

OK:

Better:

Getting close:

And er, some not ot kit kats, or something:

5 Likes

Not to derail, but this is seriously an area where English is lacking and we need. Horseradish, pepper, and chilis are all “spicy” yet the flavors conveyed are each totally different.

In the grand English tradition of beating up other languages and stealing their words, I suggest spicy for horseradish (it’s actually native to Europe), cococ for chilis (the Nahuatl word for spicy), and peppery for pepper because it’s already the best word for the job, also because a word like kāramāṉa probably isn’t going to catch on.

I expect nobody, including myself, to use these rules, but at least we have them somewhere now.

7 Likes

For good times, drink…kitkat?

A small sample of Kit Kats available:

And a Brit Kat?!?

12 Likes

I got a bag of green tea kitkats from the Chinese supermarket I do a weekly trip to, they’re definitely my favorite kitkat now.

My wife grew up eating Haw flakes, and turned me on to them. I love them too! It’s weird how palatable a flaky, mild fruit disc can be. Also something about the way they stick together, but with exactly the right combo of shearing and peeling forces they can be popped apart intact is so satisfying.

I’m not very good at liking alcohol, and to me Sake always gives me a sense memory of sweaty gym socks…

I had some of these back in October when I was in Nagaoka for the “100 Bales of Rice” festival, which includes a large Sake tasting festival. Eating the first few of these was disturbing because they tasted exactly like having a mouthful of nigori sake, but of course felt like having a mouthful of KitKat. By the time I got these back to the States a week later, they tasted only faintly of sake.

Yeah but breastmilk/formula after wine followed by lager is just a recipe for disaster.

3 Likes

a few grapes, a healthy dose of protein and grain. sounds like a balanced diet.

3 Likes

I like plum wine more than I should, but I also like sake (even when it tastes just a bit like some kind of industrial solvent) and Guinness.

Not a fan of gin or tequila though.

1 Like

I’d buy Guinness Kit-Kats.

8 Likes

They love Kit-Kat here in Tijuana, but they love tamarind and chili-pepper candy even more. I’m surprised I haven’t seen a chili-pepper Kit-Kat yet.

4 Likes