There are Sake-flavored Kit-Kats now

Where was that Kit Kat and M&M cake from? I was at a bakery in Monterey CA that had similar cakes, only bigger and candy-er. As in, there were Snickers bars around the outside of the cake, but the cake was even taller than the candy bars were long.

2 Likes

Oh, for goodness’ sake.

4 Likes

I think it’s a little bit your taste buds, a little bit your personal tastes, and a little bit you not having good sake. Or good tequila. I have relatives in Mexico who have brought me back some quality tequila, and it’s not like the stuff we drink in the States. Still, tequila is an acquired taste, even moreso than wine and beer.

3 Likes

IME snake meat isn’t bad tasting, it’s just not very high-quality meat.

1 Like

This reminds me of the Eastern European version of cake…called torte.
It’s not like the cake-batter U.S. version, but rather stacked wafer cookies held together with whipped icing. Like a huge Kit-Kat.

2 Likes

I got some of these. Weirdly they tasted like H.H. Munro.

3 Likes

I believe you should be writing a letter Hershey right now?

Instant cement mixer.

[Apparently it’s a homebrew] (Kit Kat Cake - Recipe Girl)

2 Likes

Central/South European, and the word is derived from the Italian “torta” ; ) Best known are probaly Linzer Torte and Sachertorte, invented in Austria-Hungary - probably the reason why the name stuck all over the central parts of the continent.

3 Likes

3 Likes

After enraging you with Kit Kats you might never get to try… It seems in Japan they also get a much better selection of Lipton Tea’s:

2 Likes

Tequila is just like scotch in variety and quality… is my two cents.

2 Likes

I could go with Earl Grey Kit-Kat…

6 Likes

“Earl Grey… chocolate!”

6 Likes

What’s the matter with bitter?
It’s a shame to leave off a flavor when there are so few.

2 Likes

A lot of those are available in Europe now, even here in Norway, and several of them are pretty standard variations of flavoured black tea that have been around for many decades. Mind you, Lipton is not exactly the acme of tea making.

2 Likes

Sake-flavored Kit-Kats.

Don’t you tell me I wasn’t expecting this… because I was.

2 Likes

If only the slogan “Two great tastes that taste great together” hadn’t been taken. I love pairing Earl Grey tea with something sweet. It seems to heighten both.

1 Like

Oh I know.
Should have said somewhere in that comment that I was referencing the US market.

1 Like

Yes. I like to prepare it iced and sweet, instead of Lipton.

2 Likes

Yea, but you see, these things a white chocolate. Adding cat feces to white chocolate makes it taste better;imagine the same with sake.