The weirdest bumbling cat burglar movie of all time

Oh god… OH GOD… You’ve done it. I’m going to watch it again as soon as I can. I promise not to blame you if I’m not thrilled by it, but we all know that’s a lie.

2 Likes

I’ve heard “The Hawk” as a reference to cold wind down river channels from an Uncle wrt to the wind coming off the frozen Schuylkill in the Philly winters.

2 Likes

/Polite Applause/

4 Likes

5 Likes

No I would not eat a ring ding goat cheese pizza.

3 Likes

Get it? Candy bars. It’s better than when we first started out, our code names were diseases. Do you know what it’s like being called Chlamydia for a year?

I’ll torture you so slowly, you’ll think it’s a career.

Darwin Mayflower: I’ll kill your friends, your family, and the bitch you took to the prom!
Hudson Hawk: Betty Jo Bialowski? I can get you an address on that, if you want.

4 Likes

That just became my new ring tone on my iPhone.

1 Like

This is one of those guilty pleasure movies I’ll always watch if it comes on. Another is Streets of Fire.

2 Likes

I always heard it as rancid goats cheese pizza.

Fantastic movie, just had to rewatch it.

Unpersuaded that a typical Joe could consistently maintain the timing of a popular song. much less two of 'em, separated, maintaining a synchronisation.

Not a ‘cat burglar movie’, but hiding in a movie theater like a cat burglar?

A: Tommy Five Tone and Hudson Hawk were no "regular joes"
B: Before the internet and you kids and your pokemans, people used to memorize song lengths and prided themselves on knowing more than the next guy.
C. See A, these guys were pros who worked very well together. Of course their sync would be a near psychic link.

4 Likes

“I demand to have BOOZE!”

1 Like

I wished they had a few more musical caper scenes.

5 Likes

So you want a all musical remake of Hudson Hawk then? We can cast Bruce as James Coburn’s role.

1 Like

This film is terrible. I saw it in the theater because Michael Lehman also directed Heathers and Meet the Applegates. The auteur theory is for suckers.

1 Like

You don’t think its 30 years later and Ernie gets out of prison, tries to re-enter society, has no trouble finding a cappuccino? Somehow he’s still current on all the tech and up-to-date on Spears and Bieber…

1 Like

In the “Bumbling cat burglar movie” genre, “Gambit” should not be forgotten.
It’s crap, but memorably bad.

Best James Coburn ‘spy’ movie? “The President’s Analyst”. With Godfrey Cambridge! Wondrously silly. And, at the end, you get to find out just who (or what) is actually running things!

The album is 'Just Another Band From L.A." (1972) recorded live (!!) in l971. Awesomeness.