The Wiggles "deeply disappointed" by the weaponization of their music

Originally published at: The Wiggles "deeply disappointed" by the weaponization of their music | Boing Boing

3 Likes

We loved the Wiggles when our kids were young. The songs are fun and instructive and there’s none of that overly sugary bullcrap you get with Barney and them.

4 Likes
  1. Now I want a hot potato.
  2. In the new series, red shirts are command structure, blue is science (including medical), and yellow indicates engineering and security. What division does purple indicate?
8 Likes

The Wiggles may not be on board, but The Woggels are probably down to clown.

3 Likes

Sleep disorder research.

4 Likes

Have the Siren Kings in NZ picked it up yet?

4 Likes

People Eaters

7 Likes

OK this is a little off topic, but I never saw that sketch before now however I’ve known one of those four guys since grade school and didn’t expect to see his face in this context.

13 Likes

… photo of the Shell

7 Likes

Isn’t it Cetacean Navigation?

3 Likes

One of those guys is from the Key of Awesome!

I’m not sure I’d be overly bothered by the Wiggles. I heard it constantly when the kids were little. There’s a lovely documentary on them right now on Prime, I think.

1 Like

According to Bunbury Mayor Jaysen Miguel, music is a widely established method of “discouraging people to congregate permanently in an area and to deter antisocial behaviour.”

Sure, Jan.

Dance Dancing GIF by Soul Train

6 Likes
2 Likes

I’m just here to share this because it’s a flimsy enough excuse for me to do so. I didn’t even grow up with The Wiggles and even I know how joyful there are because of this:

6 Likes

Pass it on, pass it on.

5 Likes

sad mikekoziol GIF by Bizness Rebels

2 Likes

Favorite Wiggles song

5 Likes

I’m sure that some tracks are more effectively harmful than others.

1 Like

Very much the same spirit, here:
http://www.neighborhoodarchive.com/misc/mr_rodney/index.html

Humanities (or the multi-species equivalent)?

1 Like