The Womanizer: amazing new kind of orgasm-inducing sex-toy with a dumb name

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2015/11/14/the-womanizer-amazing-new-kin.html

That thing sucks.

1 Like

Looks like a fancy ear thermometer.

5 Likes

I wonder how it rates compared to the one in september?

:wink:

20 Likes

The fantasy of a portable universal orgasm giver is lovely. Reading through all the reviews, however, it is not universally effective. Calm down everybody.

1 Like

If you’re a gear-head, you look at a Sting-Ray and think of Bill Mitchell. If you’re a tech enthusiast, you look at an iPhone and think of Jony Ive.

When I showed The Womanizer to a friend who enjoys toys, she said, “Peggy Bundy.”

26 Likes

Déjà BoingBoing strikes again.

6 Likes

Yeah, we’re seeing more and more redundant posts lately. I would have thought that Boing Boing maintained some kind of database of “stuff we’ve linked to in the past” so they could avoid redundancy.

Then again, why should Cory avoid redundancy when it gives him a chance to shamelessly flog affiliate linked junk on Amazon?

8 Likes

The Womanizer: amazing new kind of orgasm-inducing sex-toy with a dumb name

I suppose “neuralizer” was taken.

4 Likes

They’re running out of the internet.

10 Likes

OMFG!

Boing Boing made an error? Repeated itself!

It’s the end! THE END!

14 Likes

Nothing will ever be for everyone. Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

The poor aesthetics and cringeworthy marketing need fixing. As does the reviewers concerns over build quality, price, the product not being waterproof and cleaning concerns.

All of which will hopefully be resolved when v2 is released - and when they get competition.

I can wait. I can’t imagine inviting something so ugly and awfully named into my bed and head space- try again.

3 Likes

Not so much. That it’s the second review of a clitoral vibe by someone without skin in the game is kinda a problem. I’d like to hear from a user with - uh - first hand knowledge, thank you.

2 Likes

Nah, I’m sure it’s just Hipster Irony.

Have fun ladies (if you can afford to)!

To be fair, each successive orgasm after the first one drives the PPO (price per orgasm) lower and lower.

6 Likes

Take yo ironic hipsters off?

1 Like

Apparently.

1 Like

To be honest, when I feel like they’ve been flogging the Amazon account too much but I want the item, I make sure to remove their seller name from the URL.

1 Like