The wonderful features of this roll of brown packaging tape

[Read the post]

3 Likes

Les mots justes!

Any more would be a superfluity of adjectival verbiage.

6 Likes

Poetry at its’ finest, methinks.

1 Like

I just want to know how much the raise was!

Good stuff. Why bother gussying it up any more than you need to? It’s brown packaging tape. Probably purchased from the dollar store. Seems silly to try too hard.

1 Like

Number 1 with a bullet (list)

3 Likes

So, who else thought this was an ad?

6 Likes

Sadly, they forgot one of the most important properties: “STICKY”

6 Likes

Yeah, why no affiliate link? :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve forsaken the brown shit.

To get back to the warning that I received. You may take it with however many grains of salt that you wish. That the brown [tape] that is circulating around us isn’t too good. It is suggested that you stay away from that. Of course it’s your own trip. So be my guest, but please be advised that there is a warning on that one, ok?

But I’m still a fan of the crystal clear stuff. For selected semi-permanent repairs it has some great properties. I had a loose sub-floor under a kitchen vinyl floor that caused the vinyl to rip. It was easy enough to fasten the plywood, but a piece of clear tape has allowed me to avoid replacing the vinyl for years now.

4 Likes

Ah, but is it brown?

Related:

“Sell me this gravy!”
“It’s, uh, brown!”
“And…?”
“Brown! Definitely brown!”

2 Likes

“And. . . uh. . . you mix it?”

1 Like

It’s already brown and tough! Don’t push your luck on cheap tape.

1 Like

My favorite similar thing was once seeing a case of eggs that helpfully said on the side: " Eggs. Fragile. Handle like eggs."

9 Likes

Well, if they had said “tears straight without splitting”, that would have been false advertising.

1 Like

Just the other day I repaired a cracked storm window with clear packaging tape. A sliver of the glass was missing, too, next to the crack. Clear tape on either side of the pane, and that corner of the room felt instantly warmer. As you say, for semi-permanent repairs it can be great. I doubt it will be need to be replaced for years.

If only the product name had been “Tough multi-purpose brown packaging tape”

2 Likes

“What’s it taste like?”
“Brown.”

1 Like