The world will end on Wednesday. With fire. By God

3 Likes

I have to admit that when one of these little predictions are made, I get a bit excited and a bit hopeful. Because you know if it actually happened it would be pretty damn awesome.

Ahh well. Just another boring Wednesday so far.

1 Like

John Frum descends from the Heavens in his airplane made of palm leaves, and Saves a small tribe of Pacific Islanders. He smiles that charming WW2 flyboy grin, “Sorry guys, you all backed the wrong horse.”

And off to Hell we all together go, Atheist, Christian, Muslim, Buddhist and Jew.

4 Likes

Agreed. I wasn’t having a lot of laughs today but reading that line almost made me spit out my soup.

1 Like

It is beautiful mathematics.

2 Likes

It’s 9:20 am right now in Israel. It’s raining (first time this fall) and there is a small intifada cooking up. Nothing to make me believe the world is gonna end anytime soon.

1 Like

Bet you have stuff like ‘friends’ and such also.

6:45pm on the east coast of Australia. Still no apocalypse.

1 Like

A few bushfires. A bit early this year for that kind of thing.

I never realized how much Al Gore looks like a Soviet Realism heroic worker.

6 Likes

Well it was nice knowing everyone up to this, our last day. I don’t suppose he gave the precise time? It’d be nice if I could use my last few hours on Earth skipping out on work.

2 Likes

Please don’t confuse the apocalyptic obsessed with the rest of us. Sure us Jews figure the world will end someday but thats entirely besides the point.

Well, it’s 2345 on potential end of world day here. Unless by ‘apocalypse’ the doomsayer meant ‘everything being exactly the same’, seems he’s wrong. Still, 15 or so minutes to go!

1 Like

There’s no phones in castles.

08:47 EST, where’s the hellfire?

Bugger these end-of-world predicting charlatans.

2 Likes

And yet, here I am in my cubicle. Damned liars!

3 Likes

My wife is going to be PISSED if we don’t get to go for all you can eat sushi tonight. That’s all I’m sayin’.

2 Likes

Hey. Boing Boing. This was NOT a stickied post!!

I scrolled through the posts yesterday and did not notice this, because your posts are all in who-knows-what-order, and NOW I lost my chance for eternal salvation.

Thanks a freeking bunch, Boing Boing. What’s the point in your bizarre front page post order if something of THIS magnitude isn’t at least just below the first ad???

3 Likes

Well time to head to work, past time really and it is the farthest thing from fire in Seattle right now.

2 Likes

That’s why I go with the RSS feed. I make sure I get all my apocalypse news as it gets posted. Never miss another apocalypse!

5 Likes