The world will end on Wednesday. With fire. By God

Sure, you could do that too!

1 Like

You know. . . itā€™s true that the world could end at any moment. Or at least the world as we know it. This has nothing to do with the interpretation of ancient scripture, and everything to do with the harsh reality of our frail corporeal existence.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve often wondered about alternate timelines where December 21, 2012 WAS the end of the world, but in a different reality than the one we live in now. What evidence do you have that you spoke of? Iā€™d love to hear it.

Yeah. If this messes up the Blackhawks raising their banner, Iā€™ll be pissed.

There is one obvious reason why tomorrow canā€™t be the day it happens, though. This is the year the Cubs are supposed to win the World Series at least according to Back to the Future. The world will probably end after that in a big Dark Knight Rises-esque cracking of the earth as the final out is recorded.

Come to think of it, maybe they got the date confused. Tomorrow isnā€™t the end of the world, itā€™s just the beginning of the end since it will be the Cubs first game in the postseason.

1 Like

Iā€™d be willing to loan this guy $1000 ā€¦ so long as he agrees to pay me $10000 on Thursday.

If heā€™s right and the world ends on Wednesday, he doesnā€™t have to pay.

If heā€™s wrong and the world DOESNā€™T end on Wednesday, consider the $9000 a ā€œfacepalm tax.ā€

1 Like

Yeah, I saw the final episode of ā€œLostā€ too.

1 Like

Douglas Adams:

ā€œThere is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.ā€

As usual, the Adams refs get an auto-fave from me.

9 Likes

Here is the evidence of Al Gore as President

But the one that REALLY fascinates me is the The Mandela Effect I just read a book (The Three Body Problem) and it got me thinking about big events and how they were remembered. Check it out.

2 Likes

(author withdrawn by apocalypse, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless saved)

12 Likes

Extra Trek cred since all three of those are from different episodes.

1 Like

Itā€™s already the 7th in my part of the world. Is the prophesy based on UTC? Time zones matter End Of Days predictors!

And calling yourself The eBible Fellowshipā€¦ eBible for gods sake.

2 Likes

Presumably this time zone

We could have as much as a whole day left

FTFY :smile:

4 Likes

Oh boy, oh boy. I just restocked my supply of popcorn. I canā€™t wait to observe this momentous event. :smile:

1 Like

Man, this post made my week.

I totally have a 7am meeting on Thurdsay thereā€™s no way I am going to be prepared for.

2 Likes

Soā€¦ anybodyā€™s world end yet? Are yā€™all raptured up and/or buried flat 'neath the flaming rubble of civilization?

Iā€™m still here in my office doing cost reports for a retro sitcom, so I canā€™t tell if Iā€™m in hell yet or not. Might still just be Tuesday.

4 Likes

So do I wear pink tomorrow, or what?

6 Likes

3 Likes

Itā€™s the 7th in Japan and weā€™re still here.

2 Likes