The world will end on Wednesday. With fire. By God

WUT??? LOL, no!!! Worf and Jadzia FOREVAH!!!

11 Likes

ā€œBut Iā€™m sure Iā€™m thinking about this too hard.ā€

Exactly.the key to this sort of stuff is to avoid thinking.

ā€œThe world will end on Wednesday.ā€
Oddly, this is actually true every week.

Itā€™s undercut somewhat by the fact that they say that after talking about how the time would come within the lifetime of the people who wrote itā€¦

2 Likes

Update: 0530 hours, potential worldā€™s end day. Still bugger-all happening. No swords, no nothinā€™. Except for this fucking mosquito that wonā€™t go away. Oh father, why have thou forsaken me?

5 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s in 1 Thessalonians, plus thereā€™s that zombie scene at the end of Matthew.

1 Like

Uh-oh! Guess what day it is?? Guess what day it is! Huhā€¦anybody? Julie! Heyā€¦guess what day it is?? Ah come on, I know you can hear me. Mike Mike Mike Mike Mikeā€¦ What day is it Mike? Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Leslie, guess what today is? The day of reckoning is upon us!!!
Whoot Whoot!
Julie! What will you do on the day of punishment when devastation comes from far away? Mike! Who will you run to for help? Leslie! Where will you leave your wealth?
THE APOCALYPSE!!! YAY!!

MIKEMIKEMIKEMIKE! Nobody can help you!
ever wonder what a camel's throat smells like?

6 Likes

8 Likes

Every time any apocalypse deadline passes, the person spouting it should be forced to donate their 2 year supply of canned food to charity.

17 Likes

Nobody yet? Good to know a liberal arts degree is good for somethingā€¦

Fire and Ice
By Robert Frost

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what Iā€™ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

14 Likes

Can you imagine the hair on those kids?

/mom mode

4 Likes

Just in case Iā€™m delaying paying bills until Thursday. :grinning:

4 Likes

ā€œThereā€™s a strong likelihood that this will happen.ā€

Wow. Thatā€™s some ā€œfaithā€ you have, buddy!

ā€œStrong likelihoodā€??? You may as well just say ā€œGod might destroy the world tomorrow.ā€

3 Likes

On the plus side I wonā€™t have to worry about the follow up with the doc about my blood pressure. And if the rapture already happened why didnā€™t we notice? why are the faithful still hanging about if they are supposed to have been swept up to heaven?

3 Likes

Then may I suggest gorging on these for supper?

7 Likes

But thatā€™s tomorrow! How about a heads-up?! Iā€™m supposed to be on vacation 2 days after thatā€¦

Aw, donā€™t worry about them. All kids born after that date werenā€™t issued souls in the first place.

I would wear this sentiment on a t-shirt with pride.

6 Likes

Aw dang, I had plans for Fridayā€¦

1 Like

This actually gets me out of jury duty, which unaccountably disappoints me.

3 Likes

Awesome!
Fuck you, midterms!

7 Likes

Or I could just head over to the local burger place that makes very tasty poutine.