There's a 3-month waiting list for this $230 Japanese toaster

Or cover with a wet paper towel.

2 Likes

Get it next week here: https://www.amazon.com/toaster-BALMUDA-Toaster-K01A-GW-production/dp/B016NX9Z4O/ref=pd_lpo_79_tr_img_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=32DF0Q3QBB4WHAHDK92G

Bag that 3-month wait list.

…or keep a water sprayer in the kitchen. It’s also good to dissolve some of the Maillard reaction browning juices from your pan, eh.

/but really came here to say: Store-bought bread? Yech!, generally-speaking.

2 Likes

Huh. My $800 Wolf is worth it for the aplomb alone.

“After toasting, bread is automatically raised to the ideal height for easy access.” You just can’t put a price on that.

3 Likes

Four Hundred and Fifty Nine Dollars at Amazon.

If I bought this, I would never, repeat never, be able to suggest to my spouse or the kids that anything they wanted to buy was a needless extravagance. Not even in the very politest manner.

“Hey, $460 Toaster Buyer, what was your take on my new shoes again??”

No slice of toast, no matter how divinely perfect, is worth that.

3 Likes

I like this toaster

it even prepares tea and cooks an egg!

1 Like

I was a early adopter and ditched the old thing some as 20 years ago. Never used it anymore and lost the reason why I ever did. :wink: Should have donated it to a museum.
I can imagine more modern ones can be more useful. But do not feel the need.

1 Like

It’s tiny, but it’s not a coffee cup. It’s for measuring 5cc of water for the steam function.

Ooh, and eBay’s got some glorious copy for it:

“Melted ultimate cheese toast, would not those who recite the objection to the splendor of the cheese, which was burnt a little bit. BALMUDA The Toaster is leaving the cheese of moisture and flavor with plenty by the force of the steam, and give exquisite browning at the perfect temperature control. From simple cheese toast to pizza toast, it promises the best finish.”

Happiness of croissant croissant the upper resulting in burnt black in a conventional toaster. BALMUDA The Toaster will reproduce the freshly baked croissants just out of the kiln. Scent stand butter and stacked pie dough. Croissant is how taste or can be seen clearly has been made to.”

“When you toast the three stars of baguette baguette moisture flew, the surface was also content also has become hard. BALMUDA The Toaster is a moisture and subtle degree of fire, to achieve and crunchy on the surface, which was crisp, the softness of the inside at the same time. Its aroma and mouthfeel is exactly restaurant of baguette.”

2 Likes

I love toast. It is the finest butter delivery system in the world.

7 Likes

No. This is:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.