There's a Bob Ross toaster (and it chars an image of him on the bread)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/21/theres-a-bob-ross-toaster-a.html

6 Likes

Happy toast.

Happy waffles.

6 Likes

It’s a miracle! Praise the Lord!

5 Likes

I suppose he also places his toilet paper on the holder the wrong way.

But do you get ASMR tingles when the toast pops? Bob Ross being the patron saint of ASMR, and all …

1 Like

But why not a mountain and some happy little trees?

4 Likes

Have to hold something back for V2.

2 Likes

Kinda do want, but I’m not paying 40 bucks, (even though that’s not too bad for a novelty item.)

Maybe I’ll put it on my Xmas list.

2 Likes

397e8a092ce71979de9e50aa9dfb0b4a--red-dwarf-gif-collection

2 Likes

Normally, I’d like stuff like this but the idea of munching on the head of Bob Ross kinda creeps me out.

1 Like

Beat me to it. Mine does Jesus on Easter.

1 Like

Holiday shopping…done!

1 Like

Ahhhhh the smell of burnt Christ in the morning.

Smells like religion.

More juice?

1 Like

Serious question: Anyone know if these toasters actually make decent toast?

Like, if I want my toast 2.5 minutes (as per the image below) will I get 2.5 minute toast with a 3.45 Bob Ross hole in it?

I do like my bread toasted to a even Van Dyke Brown.

3 Likes

Happy little toasts…

The novelty toasters I’ve used make decent toast. Better than most cheaper toasters, but not particularly good. In my experience your best case scenario is a 2.45 in the image. and a .45 on the rest of the bread. Which is OK.

I mean they make toast about as well as a toaster I got free with a bank account when I was 16. Which was better than most toast from cheap name brand toasters I paid for later. If only by coincidence. Though I think it boiled down to free toaster being a sort of dangerous Asian super market toaster.

What I’m trying to say is it is not bad toast. But it is not good toast by any measure. It’s just toast. With a face on it. And the face is a little crunchier.

2 Likes

This is good information. I’d like a novelty toaster, I just don’t need or want two toasters.

unnamed

2 Likes

Now THIS one makes a lot of sense