There's a "Garbage Pail Kids" Topps card set for the 2016 Presidential Race, and it's pretty great

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/09/30/theres-a-garbage-pail-kids.html

3 Likes

Wait, what was the second Aleppo gaffe? I know he didn’t know what Aleppo was (he thought it was an acronym) and he also couldn’t name one world leader he admired, but what other Aleppo gaffe was there?

2 Likes

I think he said something along the lines of not being to name a world leader being his second Aleppo gaffe.

7 Likes

He blew it this election. Last go round he didn’t do anything embarrassing and actually had a couple good lines, and got less than 1% of the vote. This time, I don’t hear anything about him unless he’s making an ass out of himself, and this is the election people would actually vote for him!

2 Likes

Is that the price per card? Like 9.99 for ONE card?

3 Likes

Yes. And they’re sold out.

2 Likes

Needs more orange.

3 Likes

Needs a discount. At $10 apiece, those proceeds better be flooding into a Get-Out-The-Vote slush fund.

3 Likes

Clearly, he’s been paying attention to Trump’s campaign.

They said “What’s your favorite dog food?” and he didn’t remember Aleppo.

3 Likes

Oh, anyone dumb enough to spend that kind of money for something so nonessential kinda deserves to get ripped off, IMO.

I can draw it myself for free; and the mango coloring on Douchelini would be way more accurate.

1 Like

I want some!

However, I am currently financially ruined and underemployed, so I can’t buy them to touch their magnificent tactility…

This is not a cry fro anything, just profit.

Is "tactility"a word? It should be if it isn’t. I am the King of Neologisms I Think I Should Be King Of, It’s Fun. KONITISBKOIF.

They should throw in a Binders Full of Women card, just for that extra piece of retro charm and to remind us of a more innocent time.

4 Likes

Yes!

So, 3-5?

This is an interesting product.

My first reaction was that $9.99 is a ridiculous price for a sticker that couldn’t cost 50 cents to produce. But they’re only sold over a 24 hour period and I’m sure that drives purchaser urgency a bit, and the shipping is free. Topps is showing the public a total print run for the sold-out stuff, so you know exactly how special a snowflake your new sticker is.

Taking that all into account my second reaction is that this is still a ridiculous price.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.