There's now a miniature model of that naked man chasing the wild boar that snatched his laptop bag, and the photographer is displeased

Originally published at: There's now a miniature model of that naked man chasing the wild boar that snatched his laptop bag, and the photographer is displeased | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Boaring!

19 Likes

The catalog contains more naked white people than PoC, more white man peeing standing up than PoC, no PoC at all, actually, more man watching women surreptitiously than lesbian couples.
The question is, who’s idyllic world these show.
»Oops, what’s happening here?« A crime according to § 201a of the Criminal Code, as far as i can tell.

3 Likes

Certainly pig-headed.

5 Likes

There are two separate things here. There’s a couple of pictures and the actual boar chasing event. The lady owns the rights for the pictures but not for the event itself. Unless that would have been a staged event and she would have been director, producer, writer etc for it. Then this person might have the rights for the event too but even this wouldn’t apply in all countries.

5 Likes

“The man — who was obviously comfortable with his body — allegedly told Landauer that he had no problem with her sharing the images online.”

The naked man didn’t any issues being naked so publishing the picture was ok.

2 Likes

Original boing:

6 Likes

I understand the photographer’s frustration, but I’m having trouble seeing how she has any say over someone making a (fairly rough, TBH) 3D model of the event depicted in her photograph. Seems like a pretty clear case of transformative use.

10 Likes

That boar was just trying to get a laptop so her boarlets could have a decent education.

5 Likes

Rogers V. Koons settled this.

Not in Germany or the EU, it didn’t.

6 Likes

How predictable. Tusk, tusk. :wink:

8 Likes

It’s not that rough considering it’s H0 scale, so the person would be about 20mm tall

2 Likes

Obelix – naturist.

2 Likes

A reasonable point on the “whiteness” of model railway people but that’s a no on the legal analysis.

None of the offences created by the section cited apply here.

He wasn’t in private. He wasn’t " helpless", he wasn’t depicted doing anything which would damage his reputation and he’s not a minor.

3 Likes

Why would model train hobbyists want this in their layouts. As a Easter Egg for their audience?

2 Likes

That applies to the voyeurs which are also in the catalog.

3 Likes

Ah, I get you now. My bad for not following the links. Mea culpa.

2 Likes

Hecep: lots of train layout folks like a little bit of low brow homespun humor in their layouts. You’ll see people treed by a bear, outhouses perched precariously over cliffs, Hobos stealing pies from window sills… All little slices of humorous Americana myth Incorporated into miniature idealized worlds

6 Likes

If you’re going to spend countless hours creating a miniature world to preside over like a god then you might as well make it an interesting one.

3 Likes