'These are her words, her lies' says Anderson Cooper about scathing Greene montage

Originally published at: 'These are her words, her lies' says Anderson Cooper about scathing Greene montage | Boing Boing

9 Likes

… her credentials as the face of the Republican Party.

8 Likes

Some weird mix of Republicans agreeing with her, and afraid to cross her. But they’ve booted people off committees recently. I’d argue that Steve King, while horrible, did not rise to the level of odiousness that Greene does.

Her non-apology should be characterized as “Greene-house gaslighting.”

12 Likes

TIRED: The majority of Republican voters either support or won’t challenge her craziness.

WIRED: The number of Republicans is dwindling as people leave the party in disgust.

12 Likes

“Many in our Gov. are actively worshiping satan”
Osama bin Karen/MTG

6 Likes

I’m curious, if you sacrifice a chicken to Moloch in your backyard, can you still cook it and eat it, or do you have to throw it away. Seems like a waste. It’s not like Moloch is actually going to eat it.

6 Likes

Got any proof? Evidence? Facts?

9 Likes

Depends if you’re using the new 5e Muppet rules or not.

6 Likes

I know, like how CNN promoted Obama’s birth certificate as fake, and how the Clintons had Vince Foster killed? Then there’s the whole Benghazi thing where they had guests on to push stuff like the “stand down order” that congress’ investigation officially decided was untrue.

Oh wait, that wasn’t CNN.

15 Likes

I think the whole “allowed” thing goes back to the “teams of people” thing. The “teams of people” are the ones who got her where she is. Not her staff, not people working for her, but the people she works for; the Republican political machine that is really responsible for her position.

She didn’t organize a “team” of underlings to do her will and gain her seat in the House. This is not a person with the capability to navigate the political process on her own. This is not a person with the wherewithal to navigate the real world. She’s a character chosen to appeal to a very limited range of voters; the equivalent of a corporate spokesperson chosen for a part by a focus group in an audition.

Now she’s upset that they “allowed” her to say the things she said. What she was doing in that moment of her speech was dropping the curtain and letting us see how the process got her where she is, instead of keeping up the lie that she is some sort of political power herself. I think her whole political career is the worst kind of viral marketing scheme.

11 Likes

giphy|nullxnull

10 Likes

And don’t forget that she ran unopposed because her opponent was threatened out of the race.

9 Likes

He/she who asserts, must prove.

We aren’t your personal Google here. If you’re making a claim, back it up.

Welcome to BoingBoing

10 Likes

Following the trajectory of the last decade (and longer) I’d say things can still get a lot worse. It doesn’t have to be but we need to keep working at it. We can’t just leave it to Republicans to do the right thing, we need to put pressure on all politicians to stop Greene and whoever else wants to go down the path of authoritarian conspiracy theories.

11 Likes

The preferred burnt offering to lay on the altar fire is a pound of sausages, the more choice the better in the eyes of the junior priests, who are duty-bound to ritually consume the gross and earthy portion left over after Offler has taken his fill of the spiritual essence of sausigiosity that rises to him on the higher airs of the cooking fire.

http://wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/Offler

12 Likes

I think it is the same thing they’ve been doing up until now, and how they deal with Nazis pretty much all the time. Basically “How can we roll around in this local mud without appearing to be dirty on the national news channels?”

3 Likes

See, now there’s a god I could sacrifice savory meats to. I’m not going to waste a perfectly good chicken on the off chance that some weird old deity is going to grant me magic powers. But if you’ve got a god who will let me eat the sacrifice afterwards, I figure it’s worth a shot-- what’ve I got to lose?

6 Likes

“Keep them stupid, keep them scared” this was the secret motto of the republican party since before Reagan, and was an outgrowth of both The Southern Strategy and the growing awareness that the GOP only serves the richest fraction of the populace. That is, if the majority are not your true constituents, you can only win elections, (ok, fair elections, election manipulation is another tactic), if you delude them. So now the generations of the deluded (being good republican voters) are starting to infiltrate those who were keeping the secret plans, due to the accelerants of internet social media. A slow hoist upon their own petard which has injured the entire republic.

9 Likes

I really would love for Greene to get kicked out of Congress in its entirety. Conspiracy theorists like her do not deserve to hold office. Conspiracy theorists like her also take up a lot of attention on news and social media, and I think that news deserves to go to more pressing issues. I don’t want us to have traded nonstop Trump news cycles for news cycles centered around a handful of ratings-friendly but not democracy-friendly politicians. Greene’s lies deserve to be called out, but they don’t deserve the nonstop media and late-night circus that we saw with Trump.

9 Likes

There is far too much evidence of her mendacity towards this whole issue. It’s not like it wasn’t brought up during her election campaign. It really does point to a lack of regard for the truth, a strong allegiance to the QAnon phenomena that has permeated the culture of the many less than aware in her District that voted for her. Even when confronted with the truth they’ll still be on her side. It doesn’t bode well for our democracy or the continuation of the republic which requires trust in the overall functions of all levels of government. Disinformation and misinformation are just as bad as propaganda to hindering the ability of the government to deliver necessary services to all citizens, especially during a pandemic and an economy wracked by that virus. Now, she complains about her being stripped of her committee assignments as harm to her constituents? Maybe they need to consider what it is they want. Good government or QAnon conspiracy theories writ large? They cannot expect both from a reality standpoint… but, they do seem to hold fealty to QAnon, don’t they?

2 Likes