These are the most popular Halloween costumes in 2022

Originally published at: These are the most popular Halloween costumes in 2022 | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Just busted out the “kilt” and all the stuff that goes with it, 40 years and still going strong.

8 Likes

Mmm, Sexy Chucky, or Sexy 1980s? So hard to choose …

4 Likes

Can some kind person explain #13: “1980s”? So ok it’s a decade, but no interest whatsoever in 1990s or 1970s …styles? (“Well it’s most popular in Eugene, Oregon so that should tell you everything you need to know” “It’s Van Halen all the way down, any questions?”)

I think that’s the costume of choice for teenagers who put off the decision to the last minute and ended up raiding their parents’ old belongings for something to wear.

6 Likes

No Zombie Queen Liz?

Lame.

7 Likes

I was thinking zombie cheerleader sounds good.

That’s what my tween Kiddo did last year. She rocked the 80s look 'way more than I did when I was an actual 80 teen.

2 Likes

The 90s will probably be hot in the coming decade.

I remember in the early 80s half the kids were either punk rockers, or 50s attire. Extras in Grease.

2 Likes

Sporran it on!

1 Like

I would rate no.9 – cowboy – as the scariest in the bunch.

Right? That’s a no brainer!

Also, as a hint, I notice that my costume for this year is NOT in the above list.

:smiley:

5 Likes

Style setter, not a follower :wink:

2 Likes

To be fair in the entirety of my costume history since age 4, I have previously dressed up as;

and

3 Likes

Is it true what they say?

1 Like

I can’t see a list of (possibly sexy) costumes without thinking of girl’s costume warehouse

1 Like

Yes, the natural air conditioning is wonderful!

1 Like

I have only done one of those, the fairy, but it was leather and pvc so not anything like Tinkerbell.

3 Likes

OH, if people are going to halloween in a group, they can be British people waiting in the queue to see the zombie queen?

8 Likes

THAT is fabulous

Britney Spears Lol GIF

2 Likes