These Brazilian kids have no idea what Gillette is singing in "Short Dick Man"

Originally published at: These Brazilian kids have no idea what Gillette is singing in "Short Dick Man" | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I bet Mickey Mouse has a short one.

1 Like

O_O

Well, maybe they are way less prudish in Brazil.

Man, I think I have heard this song before, but it hasn’t been since the 90s.

4 Likes

It’s beyond belief

Are you kidding me? Xuxa’s show is likely one of the most sexually titillating children’s shows ever to exist, what with the scantily-clad hostesses/dancers, etc.
It’s like a how-to video that teaches young girls how to “be” in a sexist society.

12 Likes

Not cool, Gillette!

9 Likes

I hear he grew up a cow.

1 Like

Don’t want no “broke dick” man.

5 Likes

I know you guys in US had a run of Xuxa’s morning show for kids. I can tell you got the watered down version. She wasn’t so FCC friendly here in Brazil. Neither were the other blonde young audience entertainers, we had half a dozen of them in the 90s. Our kids programming was more like that clip from the Russian pop singer Angina, barely dressed among children. Angina is not famous in BR but went viral years ago as “The Xuxa from Russia”

3 Likes

Two demographics in the same feature. That’s good show running, folks!

So that is a Russian show? They must be making up for all the lost time of forcing women to sing Marxist songs in burlap sacks. :confused:

7 Likes

Huge day for “dicks” on BB today.

3 Likes

This song is awesome

1 Like

And what exactly IS wrong with a short dick man? (asking for a friend).

4 Likes

I’d hate to tell you what the actual lyrics to Frere Jacque mean.

Nothing comes to hand.

3 Likes

I lived in Brazil in the early 90s, working for a non-profit company that taught at-risk kids how to do video production. We took a group of our kids to a taping of Xuxa’s show, and our kids did an interview with her. She was incredibly gracious to the kids and gave them way more time than we’d originally scheduled. To my American eyes, her apparently painted-on polyurethane booty shorts and tied-at-the-sternum, low-cut blouse were a bit unexpected in a childrens’ show host, but my students didn’t think twice about it. Everybody knew that she’d been an adult actress early in her career, and everybody took inspiration from the fact that she’d built this amazing TV empire with shows in Brazil, Argentina, and (a few years later) the US. The kids and adults we worked with seemed to have absolutely no problem with any of it, so seeing “Short Dick Man” performed on the show doesn’t surprise me at all.

It has a good beat and you can dance to it. That’s what matters.

2 Likes

So she was singing about Trump years before he hit the public radar?

1 Like

I mean, if you’re performing a show for kids it’s also nice to have music that includes body-positive messages too…

5 Likes

I assure you, most men don’t want it either. :wink:

3 Likes

Note that I didn’t specify who doesn’t want that…

3 Likes