These prosthetic fingers, toes and ears are so real you can't tell they're fake

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/04/16/these-prosthetic-fingers-toes.html

3 Likes

Whoof. The pricing puts them squarely out of range of halloween office social prank territory.

I wonder if the target market is to “automate” away the jobs of hand models and the like?

4 Likes

silicone, unless you’re that Star Trek rock creature that Spock did the mind-meld with.

11 Likes

Look, those gnawed fingernails are artisanally chewed by people wearing dentures to match your teeth. Quality costs!

6 Likes

Oh, the price is reasonable, and having a designated nose picker finger would really make my life complete.

8 Likes

Technically silicone contains silicon, but yes, conflation.

2 Likes

What a great name for the company!

Ten dollars says the founder is a D&D nerd.

8 Likes
2 Likes

Well now I just feel like a rube for thinking that magician was doing something clever.

3 Likes

Could they be used to make someone’s hands look larger?

11 Likes

that comment rates a guffaw!

2 Likes

“These prosthetic fingers, toes and ears are so real you can’t tell they’re fake”

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess the ones that aren’t attached to a person are fake.

And come on people, no “these fingers cost an arm and a leg” jokes?

7 Likes

I can’t quite put a finger on if these puns are bad or not. I don’t have an ear for this kind of stuff.

6 Likes

You need a toe? I can get you a toe, Dude.
[checks watch]
Pshh, I can get you a toe by three-o’clock this afternoon. Nail polish and all.

10 Likes

They could leverage this skill into making fake Mexican food (a la Japan) for restaurant menu displays.

They could, you know.

3 Likes

That rock creature? They were called the Horta. We really should be more sensitive to the all rock-burrowing sentient beings… however fictional and wild-ass improbable they are.

5 Likes

That would fall under ‘false advertising’.

:smiling_imp:

1 Like

Is there room to stuff a red silk handkerchief inside? If not, I’m not buying.

2 Likes

How do they taste in a cocktail?

4 Likes

Don’t you think i don’t see what you did there.

5 Likes