Things I miss: Interplanet Janet

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/18/things-i-miss-interplanet-jan.html

3 Likes

She never recovered after Bill from “I’m Just a Bill” left her for a younger cartoon.

8 Likes

Member berries…?

Well, that made me all warm and happy and nostalgic. Thanks!

2 Likes

“She’s a Galaxy Girl!”

6 Likes

Her solar system is from a future world.

That still bugs me. Does she come from a future planet that builds solar systems? Actually now that I think about it that’s pretty damned impressive. Way to go, Janet.

3 Likes

Emphasizing that she’s feminine, she’s both a galaxy girl, and a solar system miss.

From a future world.

7 Likes

I miss the whole Schoolhouse Rock series. Especially the parts of speech ones.

6 Likes

7 Likes

Not too many people remember the tragic end of Janet’s story. She tried to visit Pluto and was never seen again.

5 Likes

I took a photo of her not too long ago.

4 Likes

Since I seem to be in the habit of posting YouTube links today…
THIS happens to be one of my favourite covers:

But if you want more than just nostalgia, the Schoolhouse Rock songwriter Bob Dorough is well worth a listen to while he talks about what he does:

4 Likes

"She travels like a rocket with her comet team…"
I could never catch that line when I was 5.

Also, just noticed she looks a lot like Tom Servo.

3 Likes

Tom Servo looks like her. Crow looks like a Lacrosse helmet.

7 Likes

Yes. Didn’t mean to imply he came first.

2 Likes

I miss Little Twelve Toes

https://youtu.be/_uJsoZheTR4

2 Likes

@jlw - I like your “Things I miss:” series.

3 Likes

That’s what I always thought it said. But it’s actually “a solar system Ms. from a future world”, where Ms. emphasized independence during the '70s (when this was written).

3 Likes

Man I remember this from when I was growing up in the 90s… do they still show these to kids? Has the US education system abandoned school house rock?

That would be depressing.

Then again, I guess the globalists have an anti-pluto agenda to uphold, so not surprising.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.