Think of the Karens

Hence “inverted” haircut… though I meant “Sue Catwoman,” which i guess, inverted, is “Catwoman Sue.” Well anyway, the lower hairstyle was definitely worn by the punk/new wave crowd (where I was) in the late 80s.

(It occurs to me there could be substantial overlap between those wearing it then and those wearing it now)

1 Like

Sure.

Maybe.

But more importantly, Soo Catwoman has a website…

http://www.soocatwoman.com/

Or maybe someone claiming to be her…

3 Likes

FWIW, I found this remark “in the field” today (context: Large retailers are paying for police protection in Oakland – East Bay Times )

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Can we stop using “Karen” this way? My wife had no problem with her name for her whole life until recently. Now she hates it and is considering changing it because it has turned into what it is now. How would you feel if your name, the name everyone uses to mean you, suddently also meant “terrible person?”

5 Likes

Whenever I read “the Karen” I always think:

4 Likes

There is a separate topic for that discussion here:

Also, a topic for topics closed because time expired or there wasn’t enough interest to keep them going:

10 Likes

I agree with you. It’s an unnecessary, mean-spirited shorthand for something ugly in the world. And people who use the name this way are pretty glib about the collateral damage.

1 Like

Have you tried not being a Karen?
Maybe change your hairstyle or smile more?

10 Likes

What collateral damage? Did someone call the cops on a woman named Karen just for existing?

16 Likes

I’m tired of people associating me with industrious workers just because of my name!

giphy (19)

21 Likes

Hey, can you dig it?

17 Likes

Really? I’m probably just missing your sarcasm tags (which are mandatory on the internet these days you know) because I’d hate to think that you actually mean this comment.

1 Like

Well, sure, I’d hate to accidentally offend anyone…

17 Likes

Think of the Jezebels.

12 Likes

biggus

16 Likes

Could be worse. One moment you’re a small town Ohio dentist with the perfectly normal name of Dr Gay Hitler. Then WWII breaks out.

21 Likes

(Oh, but I do.)

4 Likes

The person I was replying to is married to a woman named Karen. She’s not having a great time since her name was appropriated as a slur for racists. Prolly wouldn’t feel great if the internet suddenly turned your very name derogatory.