Thirsty to sit down with Tom Morello, Republicans are outraged he refuses to sit with Nazis

Who gets to tell Scott that he’s whining about his ‘safe space’? I’m told that he’s supposed to be against those.

14 Likes

“Safe spaces for me, and not for thee!”

16 Likes

It reminds me that when I was a kid I wanted to see a “General Grant”: it would be an “ugly” photo-SUV, like one of the first Jeep Cherokees, a dented blue body, but man, it gets the job done and would save the good guys.

My heroes were always the scruffy ones, never the pretty boys.

16 Likes

While the tweet has since been deleted, I was always a fan of this reply:

30 Likes

My guess is they think it’s just party music like they only think of early Beastie Boys, something frat boys like the beat of and the Reagan Youth attitude of not having to suffer consequences for being an asshole.

The “Machine” to them is whatever is keeping them down, preventing them from ruling like they were born to do. They don’t think it could possibly refer to the NPC’s in their life. (Yes, that’s how they see us normal folk)

20 Likes

That quote would seem to not fit under the “without protest” part. If Nazis can be connverted away from Nazism that’s great. The usual thing is that they don’t want to be called Nazis or told that their views are bad.

15 Likes

Republican music choices are sometimes odd. Guess who Kari Lake chose.

11 Likes

Bull’s eye!

@agro And again. He’s like Robn Hood.

7 Likes

Until, of course, they take over and embrace their true identities. Then they remake your entire country in mid-century fascist style…

18 Likes

White supremacists and fascists and Nazis are only converted if they present themselves as being open to it. They seldom do, and when it happens it’s often because they’ve had their faces chomped at by fellow leopards.

19 Likes

Even the early Beastie Boys stuff wasn’t entirely party music. Fight For Your Right was written as an ironic parody of party songs. They just parodied the genre too well and ended up writing an unironic party anthem.

27 Likes

The only time anything good came out of sitting down with Nazis, it was called the “Nuremberg Trials.”

36 Likes

More sage words from the great Tom Morello. It’s up there with “When you want to rock hard, children, lean on F#”. Guitarists out there will get this.

I think the problem is that the right cannot wrap their heads around that somebody can be BOTH a rock star and an all around intelligent and educated person. If you look around at the type of right wing rockers who venture into political opining (Nugent, Kid Rock, etc), not exactly top shelf mental abilities on display there.

12 Likes

I mentioned the 'What “Machine” did you think he was raging against?" tweet to my wife, who wisely said: “Of course, nobody rages against a dishwasher. It must be a printer he’s raging against.” :joy:

24 Likes

Which is why I get a kick out of Tyler Hoechlin’s Superman with eternal (almost Homer Simpson level) 5’o clock shadow.

8 Likes

Did he, his band and Michael Moore (who was directing a music video) get arrested on Wall Street?

8 Likes

Apparently the Republicans are raging against electric stoves.

12 Likes

I’ve always wondered if racists who listened to the post-hardcore band Karp actually knew of the band name origin. It was the acronym for “Kill All Redneck Pricks”.

12 Likes

surprise emoji only because I couldn’t find one of these as a reaction…

Angry American Idol GIF

12 Likes

I wonder if the blowback at Tom Morello will bring Richard Spencer out of his hidey-hole? Does he dare since it seems he has denounced White Nationalism?

Hail Trump!!

6 Likes