Thirsty to sit down with Tom Morello, Republicans are outraged he refuses to sit with Nazis

Why would it?

Has he?

9 Likes

Here’s the sad/not sad story from 2022

But much like this racist skinhead movie I saw a while back as the main character was being sentenced he said, and I’m paraphrasing here. “I can grow my hair back when I get out and you won’t be able to tell me from anyone else”.

That was in the days before wide spread Internet usage though. Richard Spencer would have to change his name to go unnoticed in todays world.

8 Likes

Unfortunately, the C&L article links to Bill Maher, who I will not watch.

9 Likes

Tommy Robinson supposedly did a few years ago. He then found transphobia and all his old friends were there, who welcomed him back with open arms.

I won’t believe that Richard Spencer (or any other far-right individual) has disavowed white nationalism until he starts burning his bridges behind him.

16 Likes

For that one tweet talking about “diplomacy” he should note “without protest” is an important part of the quote.

6 Likes

Or as a defense in war crimes trials (See Albert Speer).

9 Likes

Important to note that they are feigning an overly broad and overly general interpretation of “sit at the table with.” That phrase clearly denotes political compromise and coalition building, not just “anything except punching, including gently showing them the error of their ways.” This North wind and Sun act is just a cover for their real aim of actual coalition-building with Nazi’s, if not outright support.

It is just laughable that these people whinging loudly about losing an “avenue of diplomacy and change” also consistently refuse to condemn the actions of actual fascists, so this complaint would be all hypothetical if it weren’t instead just a bald-faced lie.

13 Likes

office space GIF

15 Likes

20 Likes

Bo wearing the Daisy Dukes? Driving the General LGBT?

Yep, would watch.

10 Likes

He can say that, and yet why the fuck should any of us believe his ass? He’s not trustworthy, and we should not take the scum at his word. He’s got to work for that shit…

Excited Lets Go GIF

He was just tired of the pushback he was getting and wants to be left alone. He has not interest in trying to fix any of the destruction his advocacy for fascism caused.

16 Likes

“But I just thought they were full of hate and rage like Meeeeeee” whine conservatives.

10 Likes

He even grew his hair back. But honestly, that’s not enough considering what he has done.

1 Like

PRS3

(spencer getting an unexpected gift)

14 Likes

Joking about a group that digs genocide means you’re gonna have more Mutants besides me hitting
ignore-button
Bye-bye!

5 Likes

Who Cares GIF by Judge Judy

Judge Judy No GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

9 Likes

Know the enemy and know yourself in a hundred battles you will never be in peril . When you are ignorant of the enemy but know yourself, your chances of winning or losing are equal. If ignorant both of your enemy and of yourself, you are certain in every battle to be in peril.
]
- Sun Tzu

4 Likes

The thing is that sitting down with Nazis is not knowing your enemy, it is listening to your enemy’s misdirections and propaganda. Sun Tzu is not exactly advocating taking everyone at face value. He’s saying to understand what to expect from them…and we know, Nazis lie.

13 Likes

I’m in the See a Nazi, Punch a Nazi camp. I do not now and never have advocated for sitting down with Nazis or any other enimies of the American way. America does not want or need a Supreme Leader of any type. The county was founded on getting away from that type of crap.

I see Tom Morello as a man of principle.

4 Likes

16 Likes