This $24.99 dashboard video camera is worth every penny

Peace not piece.

1 Like

Or you could reuse a smartphone. On my Nokia N9 I have a dash cam application that not only records the video but also records my GPS coordinates and if I have an accident (greater than some adjustable deceleration) it it will (assuming it survives long enough) text my location to a number I nominate with a message asking for help.

There are plenty of similar apps for Android although my cursory search didn’t find any that would send a text.

5 Likes

Well, you generally get what you pay for. You’re paying nothing for this one, so don’t expect anything from it.

1 Like

Who cars, as long as you can monetize your YouTube channel of Hi-LAR-ious auto “incidents”!

2 Likes

FYI I bought this and it does not do any version of HD video, max is 640x480. I also didn’t find the “G sensor” option. I’ve got it set up to record whenever I start my car and it keeps the most recent 8 GB of video files that it has recorded, which I can copy to another computer by taking out the micro SD card.

2 Likes

I have one of these. I never installed it because I could never figure out how to use the thing because the manual is so poor. Anyone want to toss some bullet points my way?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.