This airplane banner isn't an anti-semitic statement but rather a marriage proposal

Originally published at: This airplane banner isn't an anti-semitic statement but rather a marriage proposal | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Yikes! All around, Yikes!

3 Likes

This is like a speculative-fiction version of the fascist-right update to the Die Judenfrage.

3 Likes

Maybe he was having lunch with some guys at NBC?

5 Likes

Milo Srkal, top contender for most ignorant person in Florida 2021

14 Likes

I was trying to think what name can be turned into Jew. Then I realized there are some people that call me ‘Juju’ which is phonetically the same as ‘Jew Jew’.

My guess is Jewels, Julia, etc. Looking through census data there are about 1600 people named Jew. So it might be an actual name.

7 Likes

I have a sister-in-law whose nickname is “Ju”, short for Julia.

As a kid I always thought “Choo-Choo” from Top Cat was “Ju-Ju” Choo-Choo | Top Cat Wiki | Fandom, like the candy Jujubes Jujube (confectionery) - Wikipedia.

4 Likes

(Singing)
Who put the bath salts in the candy dish,
FLORIDA MAN!
Who for an Instagram balanced the baby on the alligator,
FLORIDA MAN!

3 Likes

I don’t think you’ve met enough Florida people. If nothing else, he realized he made a mistake, and then expressed regret, so he’s way ahead of the Governor, Matt Gaetz, the > 5 million or who voted for Trump in 2020…

4 Likes

Well, it isn’t like anyone in that part of Florida had ever met a Jewish person, so might have had an inkling of the potential problem. /s

(My father lived around a mile from there.)

1 Like

Nickname or maybe initials?

1 Like

Yes, very much looking for hay in a haystack.

3 Likes

4 Likes

I can totally see how someone, thinking only of love and marriage, would not see the problem. But, other people where involved in creating the banner, right?

4 Likes

They, too, were blinded by unrelated love.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.