This CBD-infused coffee is the perfect blend of Arabica goodness and cannabinoids

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/25/this-cbd-infused-coffee-is-the-perfect-blend-of-arabica-goodness-and-cannabinoids.html

I’ve found that if you mix some weed into your coffee grounds, and use an espresso style of machine, you can’t really smell or taste the weed. Even for the skunkiest bud. No idea on dosage, tho.

1 Like

But why would you want be mellow and excited at the same time?

5 Likes

Has the weed been decarboxylated before going into the machine? I can’t imagine 30 seconds with steam not much hotter than 100c would be enough to convert much THC or CBD.

4 Likes

That’s why speedballs are fun!

2 Likes

But isn’t THC and CBD insoluble in water?

If someone needs legal herb to get both mellow and excited at same time, I recommend St. John’s Wort.
It’s really fun, because it’s both stimulant and anxiolytic. It makes you feel like you can fix all your problems one at a time. The only problem is that it makes your skin photosensitive and has weird interactions with nearly any kind of medicine you can imagine.

1 Like

I just tried it out a few times for curiosity’s sake, not as a scientific experiment, so I don’t know if anything came through. It definitely felt much different than the normal caffeine high, and unless that was the placebo effect, something must’ve made it through.

1 Like

It was just regular weed. My thinking was that heat and pressure of the espresso machine, along with the acid of the coffee, would wash something out of the weed and into the resulting coffee. It felt like it did, but maybe it was all in my head.

2 Likes

Can I suggest an experiment? Next time you do it, decarb your weed beforehand (plenty of guides on the net, but basically it’s grinding and sticking it in a low oven for a short time to drive off the CO2) and see how that goes. I make edibles and without decarbing or some applied heat you’d expect to lose the majority of the THC.

The issue @74hc595 mentions above - THC needs a non-polar solvent rather than water- is a big one too, but it might be that the oil in the coffee is enough to carry some THC into the coffee.

If you do the experiment, I’d love to hear how it went.

(Edited for grammar)

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind advice, I’ll try it out!

1 Like

Jim Belushi might say differently, if he was still alive…

3 Likes

John Belushi too. (Who really isn’t alive.)

2 Likes

Ah, dammit.

Good call; way too many inebriants.

2 Likes

Heh. I bet their mom confused their names all the time. Even without inebriants. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.