This cluster of Daddy Long-legs sends shivers down my spine

Originally published at: This cluster of Daddy Long-legs sends shivers down my spine | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I Hate It Reaction GIF by CBS

4 Likes

Ah, reminds me of summer camp. We had big clumps like that on the bathroom ceilings sometimes.

4 Likes

Go Go Go Reaction GIF

5 Likes

My folks used to have a cabin in far northern California; sometimes no one was there for 6 months. I brought friends there once and went down to the basement for wood. The woodpile was covered in so many daddy longlegses that I could hear them when they all started to move.

4 Likes

The part where the pallid white/pink bodies of the emerging spiders look like follicle scabs being pulled out by the hair they’ve encrusted around is where it crosses the line from “big spider* clump” to “viscerally aversive”.

*yes, whatever party of my nervous system handles antedeluvian aversions isn’t up on phylogenetics. Sorry, spider clump.

1 Like

At TMR camp in upstate NY, we’d wake up every morning to a few of those clinging to the inside of our tent walls. As isolated individuals, they’re not that creepy. They look so “basic” and mechanical.

But… in a cluster…!!!

2 Likes

Cursed cotton candy

3 Likes

We hates the daddy longlegses.

4 Likes

Not lichen that!

5 Likes

Ah reck’n I’d have to agree.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.