This gentleman's pleasure in revving his motorcycle is interrupted when it catches on fire

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/18/this-gentlemans-pleasure-in.html

9 Likes

Looks like the start of a beautiful friendship.

16 Likes

You can fix that in a jiffy.

10 Likes

My old man’s a television repair man: he’s got an ultimate set of tools. I can fix it!

8 Likes

And that’s why they call it a “burnout”.

22 Likes

Yep, that’ll buff right out!

15 Likes

You can’t fix this bike, Spicoli!

6 Likes

Goddamn, who is more irritating?

10 Likes

Bike dude.

21 Likes

Great. ANOTHER Joker origin story.

25 Likes

THAT is one hot bike!

8 Likes

Not cackling portrait dude?

Laughing humorlessly with the intent of further humiliating
bike dude.

1 Like

I’m not saying he’s not irritating, but that bike dude has him beat by a significant margin (you did ask “who is more” not “who is or isn’t” irritating), and that if that irritating behavior is being aimed at bike dude, as it seems to be, it’s pretty fully well earned.

18 Likes

If there is a God, more of this sort of thing, please. And if you could see your way to igniting Boris Johnson’s pants at some critical part of his speech tomorrow in the House of Commons, that would be just peachy. Amen.

26 Likes

I just caught myself wondering what it would feel like, if the word “gentleman” stopped being used in any other way besides as a synonym for “asshole”. Like how “literally” now means “figuratively” in common parlance.

Turns out, thats not a problem for me. The Patriarchy will not be missed (by anyone who matters)

5 Likes

I have to laugh. Many years ago, I tried my almost-never fail “scene one, scene two” schtick on a co-worker who was telling us about the new sound system he himself (an electrical engineer) had just installed in his almost brand new Porsche.

Scene 1: "You, powering up your cool sound system for the first time, and saying, “Bitchin’!”

Scene 2: Your ride, completely engulfed in flames.

Others laughed, but he just gave me a dirty look. It didn’t bother me at all. :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

A Phoenix… rising!

1 Like

Bike dude.

Nope. Bike dude, by orders of magnitude. Cackling dude is obnoxious only to the bike dude at that moment; the bike dude is obnoxious to everyone in the whole damn neighborhood (and probably on a consistent basis), probably along with every place he goes.

23 Likes

Some (not me!) might say “the person handling the cellphone”.

3 Likes

It appears this was a pissing contest (check out the “under-sized” guy on the left at the start of the clip).

Fire-guy’s may have been bigger, but it blew way too early…

1 Like