This high-tech suicide pod offers a quick, painless death and a built-in casket

Didn’t rotten.com drive a lot of page views back in the day on the strength of the fact that shotgun suicide is only usually effective?

This thing is definitely excessive; but if you have to go shopping anyway there is a lot to be said for a simpler take on the nitrogen boiling apparatus, or some bottled gas and the scuba gear to decant it without popping your alveoli.

1 Like

I kinda like it. I’ve been looking into the whole helium tank and plastic bag technique, but this seems a bit nicer. Alternately, part of me still wants to go with a shotgun, just to guarantee everything goes quickly- I’m kind of freaked out by the prospect of knowing what’s happening as it does.

For the record, I’m not looking to off myself in the immediate future. Probably 20 years from now. And that’s only because I have several markers for Alzheimers and refuse to go out that way. I got to see two parents and a grandparent live through it. I don’t plan to.

7 Likes

“Thank you for using Stop and Drop!”

4 Likes

Though I am a supporter of the right-to-die movement, I’ve decided to refrain from making any comment in this thread that would appear to condone committing suicide.

I will not refrain, however, from pointing out that failed suicide attempts using a firearm usually result in the remnant of a person who wishes they were dead.

7 Likes

You have to be a really poor shot to miss at that range.

1 Like

This. I do wonder if in times past when you heard about the elderly couple who had been married 50 years and the husband dies a week after the wife, if it wasn’t a case of a mercy killing and suicide.

1 Like

Can you also reverse the process inside it?

8 Likes

But does it automatically launch itself into the heart of the sun, or is that an extra service charge?

5 Likes

Some people get their first gun to kill themselves and have no training or experience in handling it.
Others just flinch a bit.

3 Likes

Nirvana Honda, for those who believe in safety on the road to oblivion.

3 Likes

Indeed, don’t brace for a recoil and get an instant lobotomy instead. Of course the same applies to asphyxiation. Do it right the first time of risk living out your days with irreversible brain damage.

2 Likes

What to get Donald for xmas…

1 Like

The Dead Sled.

5 Likes

The trademark game is getting crowded…

https://www.amazon.com/Unknown-27375-Dead-Sled/dp/B000V6NAIC

3 Likes

Darn it.

Okay, okay. The Depart-Cart

9 Likes

The Trump Truck?

4 Likes

You win! (Although the pod purportedly causes little pain to the user.)

3 Likes

… any location that has a pretty big 3D printer. Does everything have to be 3D printed nowadays? My own experience with 3D printing a small object did not leave me very impressed. And it is also not cheap or quick.

2 Likes

I bet they’re just fly’n off the shelves

2 Likes

Dutch doctor Philip Nitschke of Exit International has created the Sarco, a controversial “suicide machine” that allows people an easy exit.

The inventor is Australian, not Dutch. Thanks, Rick Santorum

1 Like