This Is Fine

slow-down-chew-your-food

5 Likes

Poop Constipation GIF by Adult Swim

5 Likes
7 Likes

ā€¦ this granola is EXTRA CRUNCHY :crazy_face:

8 Likes

Ugh. I donā€™t like that part of the future.

6 Likes
18 Likes

Dolly Parton What GIF

I thought Dolly was the last celebrity we all agreed to love in a non-partisan fashionā€¦

24 Likes

US conservatives/GOP/RWNJ cannot allow anything good to thrive. Thus, in their opinion, Dolly and her song about being good neighbors and anti-hate have to go too. Canā€™t let the kids get any of the ā€œwrongā€ ideas

20 Likes

Would it be trĪælling to put a big, beautiful :rainbow: over the :canada: side customs booth at the Rainbow Bridge border crossing in Niagara? :thinking: :grin: I mean, for Pride Week at leastā€¦

16 Likes

Hah! I started to respond to that post with the exact same gif, but then realized it might not actually be Dolly and canceled.

Can you imagine? if Dolly ainā€™t sacrosanct, weā€™re doomed.

15 Likes

It is! Itā€™s from 9 to 5!

Right?!?

dolly parton GIF

14 Likes

I didnā€™t even recognize her without the big hair and sparkly clothing!

12 Likes

Yep! She does look different when sheā€™s not all Dolled up!

Dolly Parton Pointing GIF

16 Likes

Bee and butterfly numbers are falling, even in undisturbed forests

15 Likes

Guess Iā€™ll put this here, since I canā€™t think of a better place.

Amazon is now opening up their low speed, USA covering networkā€¦which gets itā€™s bandwidth by stealing it from Amazon customers using Amazon devices (for example owners of a Ring Doorbell).

12 Likes

Wait What Instinct GIF by CBS

Amazon had control of peopleā€™s ISP for a time?

Sidewalk sips a small amount of bandwidth from the internet these devices are connected to so it can send its low data messages. Yes, itā€™s using your internet connection ā€” hence the word ā€œcommunity.ā€

Itā€™s kind of genius and also literally something only Amazon could do at this scale. What other company has thousands of connected devices in peopleā€™s homes? When Amazon first launched Sidewalk on its devices, it was turned on automatically ā€” which was not a good move. The backlash was fierce, and Amazon quickly rolled out the ability to disable participation in the network.

Amazon says Sidewalk wonā€™t snoop on the data from your devices ā€” you can read more about Sidewalkā€™s privacy and security claims here (pdf).

Iā€™m not sure I believe them, and then there is the possibility of cops serving a warrant for your data. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

19 Likes

Several of their devices (Ring for sure) are relays for this system, taking in data from nearby Sidewalk devices, then sending it over your home internet connection. Itā€™s kinda like what Comcast does with the routers they try to make people rent (which also provide Xfinity wifi hotspots), except that whatever Amazon is doing is using your bandwidth while the Xfinity router supposedly does not.

It does seem bad, but hey, you should have read the EULA, right? /s

14 Likes

Comcast did that with their routers, too. You can disable it, but it takes a lot of work.

11 Likes

Comcast also repeatedly leaves me voicemails letting me know my service is about to expire, despite Comcast not being available in my area.

14 Likes

The person carrying an AR-15 style rifle with no orange tip is described as a male wearing a purple sweatshirt and black shorts.

7 Likes