This Is Fine

That’s assuming they bolt the seat belt to the seat, and the seat to the floor. That might be something to check, given that it seems that the door plug that blew out of that Alaska Airlines 737 might not have been bolted on in the first place.

7 Likes

Csn we do the same thing with the dolts running these airlines?

4 Likes

boeing.scale

5 Likes

… blast them out of a door plug, or bolt them to the floor :thinking:

3 Likes

with the realities of their time.

9 Likes

Rest in Power, Jo Carol! You are missed!

2 Likes

No words.
Just… :cry:

our intellectuals

Who Is That Jeremy Renner GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

4 Likes

A few years back we moved from the SF bay area to Eastern PA. Made the drive right around New Year. We took the southern route (IE: AZ, NM, TX, OK, AR, TN, VA, MD to PA).

Southern route was definitely the right choice, but we still got stuck in weather related back-ups for a total of 8-9 hours on I-81 in Virginia. Not that you have to go through VA to get to Chicago from LV… But, yeah. Winter long distance driving can be pretty unpredictable .

ETA: (On Topic) It is just swell that Boeing and other capitalist machines get away with the shareholder value driven BS that they do. /s
Safe travels @NukeML !

4 Likes

Preach. 81 in VA where we live is frequently closed for tractor-trailer wrecks, even in good weather. No route will be perfectly safe, but crossing the Rockies in winter? Yikes!

8 Likes
1 Like

Soon they will issue scrip only good at company stores…

1 Like

You joke, but I grew up in WV where this was a living memory. There are still remains of company towns in lots of areas in WV, all very sad and depressing. Cannot imagine what it would have been like living, or growing up, in one! And when I collected coins as a kid, mining scrip was a puzzle to me that my parents had to explain. Nightmare fuel, man.

8 Likes

Not joking at all. Very aware that this could return.

1 Like

Washington taxpayers paid nearly $700,000 for boulders to deter return to encampments

The acceptable position in the mainstream press right now is to get duped by fascists as everyone screams “you’re being duped by fascists,” do an incalculable amount of harm to present and future people who are different in any way, then, weeks later, damage done, blow the lid off your own failure.

2 Likes

Death penalty: Kenneth Eugene Smith says wait for untested execution like ‘torture’

1 Like