This Is Fine

If it can’t be used it should be composted. Not burned

10 Likes

See, if you grow the trees yourself then the electricity you get is carbon neutral, which is a good thing. Of course that doesn’t apply at all if you cut down an existing old growth forest. But I remember seeing something about how because these companies plant new saplings afterward, the electricity can be sold as “emission free” anyway. It’s a terrible scam to get credit for helping the environment while destroying it. :disappointed:

10 Likes
9 Likes

No less than Cory Doctorow getting ripped off by a phone fraudster.

How I got scammed

I wuz robbed.

More specifically, I was tricked by a phone-phisher pretending to be from my bank, and he convinced me to hand over my credit-card number, then did $8,000+ worth of fraud with it before I figured out what happened. And then he tried to do it again, a week later!

Here’s what happened. […]

8 Likes

Texas wildfires closing in a nuclear weapons factory there? Meh, let it burn.

2 Likes

And how it’s detrimental to Biden…

11 Likes

This John Oliver report on scammers, their techniques, and the multiple layers of victims involved was scary:

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :cry:

10 Likes

The smell from the “cesspool of rotting flesh” has forced the family inside, she said… She tried to stain her porch three times last summer but couldn’t stand to be outside because of the smell. One of her sons was bullied at school because the stench of the lagoon clung to his clothes. Children at her younger son’s combined elementary and middle school beg their teachers to stay inside during recess.“It literally burns your lungs, your chest,” she said.

This company is claiming that it’s OK, because they are giving away the sludge as free fertilizer to farmers.

“Our model allows them to receive them without any added expense, helping keep food costs down for Missouri residents,” he said.

:face_vomiting:

The group — Stop Land Use [Damaging] Our Ground and Environment, or S.L.U.D.G.E — argues the state should be treating Denali as a solid waste business and not allow it to spread the material on individuals’ fields. Another group called Citizens of Randolph County Against Pollution, or C.R.A.P., is fighting the lagoon Denali constructed in their area but has yet to fill.

11 Likes

You don’t have rendering plants down that way?

Not that these smell good either. My sister got out of a speeding ticket on a hot summer day once by strategically slowing down so she stopped downwind of the rendering plant.

5 Likes
7 Likes

Joe Biden confuses Gaza with Ukraine in airdrop announcement | Joe Biden | The Guardian

4 Likes
16 Likes

Idris Elba Table Flip GIF

7 Likes
8 Likes

Chinese economy is increasingly becoming a
gig economy and this has been this has been happening for a while now. And so this guy is a
delivery driver for Ali Baba and he’s like, he’s like
trying to change apps, and the app garnishes his wages and steals seven hundred dollars from him, and that’s an enormous amount of money.

Yeah, And he like tries to get it back and
they don’t give it to him, and he like and
he lights himself on fire, and this turns into so
he lets self on fire and then like this this
is this is in twenty twenty one.

11 Likes

I wonder what happened…

11 Likes

Yup. I got logged out, but had no trouble logging back in. I wonder if it’s fixed now.

4 Likes
12 Likes
12 Likes
8 Likes