This Is Fine

Police describe Couple A as “wealthy” and “people you wouldn’t suspect”, with the woman “a pillar of the community and a church-goer with a very successful job”.
An adoption form written by a social worker in the area they had been living at the time outside of Gloucestershire shows they asked for a child who was “emotionally disturbed”.

Another “wealthy people would never do anything wrong!” sort of statement. I think I’m gonna be sick.

17 Likes
13 Likes
7 Likes

https://archive.is/ejejL

10 Likes

So, a politician moving into the private sector who actually has subject knowledge? Nice!

6 Likes
9 Likes

It’s so weird, why is it that I can get 18mg’s but not 36? And in the article they say 10-20-30mg, which is not used in DK. It does say it’s Europe-wide though… I smell a conspiracy a brewing!

1 Like
8 Likes

Colonial laws threat to Sámi

Sámi people would like an overhaul of Finnish law to support traditional Sámi reindeer husbandry, reports Hufvudstadsbladet.

Anne-Maria Magga, a reindeer herder and researcher, says that current laws prevent cross-border reindeer migrations, which are the traditional method Sámi herders use to avoid overgrazing.

Over the past centuries countries closed their borders to herders.

“The Sámi have been subjected to persecution and colonialism, and Finnish people are not sufficiently aware of it. They do not understand how much the Sámi people and individual families have already lost,” Magga said.

In Sweden and Norway, there are laws securing the Sámi’s exclusive right to reindeer husbandry.

Magga tells HBL that the absence of similar laws in Finland to recognise the Siida system of managing reindeer husbandry on a geographical basis threatens the Sámi community’s ability to maintain its culture.

5 Likes

I don’t know where else to put this.

15 Likes

You could cross-post to the fuck today thread… was just about to post this, too… WTF?

7 Likes

This will have a MAJOR impact on East Coast shipping while it’s being cleaned up. No doubt.

Wow. Ooops.

7 Likes

There’s a main page posting on it now.

I hope they find everyone

12 Likes

Bridge collapse after collision with giant container ship means 6 more weeks of GOP Congress-idiots complaining about infrastructure bills that they didn’t support. Have they called for Biden and Pete Buttigieg’s beheading impeachment yet?

8 Likes

And if the shipping disruption is bad enough to raise some prices, they’ll blame Biden for that too. :person_facepalming:

11 Likes

It looks like it’s on the upstream side of the marine terminal; so that’s hopefully a help.

4 Likes

The collapsed bridge is the one that must be passed to get to the ocean. All port traffic is now blocked.

10 Likes

Crap.

Don’t let me navigate.

8 Likes

“integrating humans and machines into service formations”

6 Likes
10 Likes