This is what Americans *don't* want in their president

Missing options:

• White
  • Male
  • Cis-gender
1 Like

Yes, that was the intent of my statement. The actual presidential race will be between moderates from both parties. The real tragedy is that those moderates are too far to the right of where they should be.

Itā€™s hard to say, since I donā€™t know what you mean by ā€œachieveā€. This way, Clinton will at least have to pay lip service to the left-leaning wing of the Democratic party. However, if youā€™re expecting some kind of significant ideological shift, Iā€™m pretty sure youā€™ll be disappointed.

31,000,000 dollars units-of-free-speechā€¦

1 Like

Finally, Catholics are more feared than black people!

2 Likes

Yeah, I got confused by the wording because I literally had just woken up and the first thing I do is check the BBS to see how much trouble Iā€™m in.

3 Likes

If you could pick between voting for either a Democrat or a leftist, which would you choose?

1 Like

For the disaffected baby-boomer every vote is a protest vote.

Top of my list:

• no psychopaths
  • no Kardashians
  • no Floridians

One nice thing I like about Sanders is that heā€™s pretty much quiet about all the religious crap.
In fact, he (among others) in the 113th Congress scored a big giant goose egg from Ralph Reedā€™s fundie horse shit weirdo group that rates reps and senators.
Iā€™d wear that as a badge of honorā€¦

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a good list! Except for the Kardashians (good call) there is a lot of overlap between that one and mine.

Well, pretty much yes. The tribal impulse is strong enough that 2 out of 3 of the ā€œRā€ voters could stay home, and that would only make it an actual contest.

Damn, Iā€™ve been found out!

1 Like

That must be the reason why Herman Cain and Ron Paul and Michelle Bachman all outlasted Mitt Romney last time around???

1 Like

Maybe, maybe not. Since ā€œRelentless, Dedicated Lifelong Grifterā€ was not one of the surveyed characteristics, we canā€™t for sure tell from this particular poll.

I donā€™t see Sanders and Kucinich as similar at all. Yes, their politics are lefty. But Sanders seems like a canny, hard-nosed politico, whereas Kucinich seems like a fruitcake. I donā€™t think for a moment that Sanders will win, and I donā€™t think heā€™ll ā€œpull Hillary to the left.ā€ More likely, heā€™ll be a foil allowing her to appeal to the center-right by opposition to him.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.