This isn't a gas can — it's a purse

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/08/this-isnt-a-gas-can-it.html

6 Likes

Just hope the war in the Middle East doesn’t escalate, or that purse will be prime target for thieves desperate to get gas.

2 Likes

Good luck trying to get this on to a plane.

9 Likes

If they make them in yellow, it can be a diesel can.

5 Likes

Similar to the thought I had: that this is about as smart to carry as an iPhone case shaped as a handgun. Different in degree, not in kind.

1 Like

@Rusty_Blazenhoff

Rusty, I have to say the Enid Collins bags hit me like a brick, and I’m overcome with a wave of emotion.

A very dear adult friend from my childhood had at least a couple Enid Collins pieces, which 5-year-old me thought were the coolest thing she could have.

May your gas can be the trigger of fond memories for the young people in your life.

10 Likes

Purse or European Carryall?

If Gerry can, I can - subject to Brexit of course.

2 Likes

I just steal burritos.

6 Likes

I can’t imagine any woman carrying this purse three feet down the sidewalk without some wiseguy pulling his car over yelling, “need a lift, little lady?”

1 Like

So the market for it is female carjackers?

4 Likes

You should also probably avoid taking it to places that are frequent targets of arson. It might earn a few disapproving stares at your local synagogue, for example.

1 Like

Obligatory:

1 Like

Personally,. I’m more of a fan of this one.

5 Likes

I mean, same shit different excuse? This won’t change anything other than the tactic…

Moi8Rpr

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.