This Japanese body wash commercial is my everything

Which tells me tentacles are not dirty.
Weird.

1 Like

Pixelate, you say?

I’ve always assumed that was normal…(dials doctor)

11 Likes

I didn’t realize it was Fist of the North Star inspired until I saw the chest scars near the end!

Precisely why tentacle art became a thing in the first place.

1 Like

They sure ran with that idea though… :grimacing:

1 Like

You wa Shock!

For the uninitiated, Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star) is the manliest anime ever made. It is Rambo in the world of Mad Max, if Rambo’s assault rifle fired fists.

5 Likes

I heard it as “You wash up!” in the ad, but the original lyrics are golden.

1 Like

So he’s kind of GAR then?

We kind of already got an Avengers bathtime movie anyway (HULK SPLASH!)

4 Likes

How is it possible that nobody has linked to the Mr Sparkle commercial yet?

6 Likes

And as a bonus yous might not have to fight with him to take a shower this time.

I was going to skip this article (and video).
What a mistake that would have been!

1 Like

I understand the correct term is “naughty bits”.

I’m sure that his naughty bits were dirty too.

And here I thought it was women who were told they needed more irony. What? Iron, not irony? never mind!

2 Likes

Let’s see: do you fixate on pixellated fellated animated tentacle-mate?

If you mean this to be taken within the context of #latestagecapitalism I agree, If you mean humans cannot confine their creativity to just art then I completely agree.

1 Like

I dunno… he looks very… clean to me.

1 Like

0NudHEd

2 Likes

I like the way you’ve put it- I don’t think I had a clear idea about what I was trying to say, but that sounds right… I’d prefer creativity put to better use than shilling for consumer junk, but I do embrace people finding creativity in otherwise unexpected places. Hell, I love golden age illustration for terrible things (cars/cigarettes/booze)… but there’s also something troubling about human ingenuity deployed in such a way. Not sure if that makes any sense… Can we be grateful for the fruits of capitalism, but still critical of the process that brings them to bear? It might be foolish to hope for human creativity divorced from crass monetary concern.

1 Like