This man has been looking for the Loch Ness Monster for 25 years

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/02/07/this-man-has-been-looking-for.html

3 Likes

This man has been living in stunning countryside, making a living selling souviners for 25 years.
Ftfy.

and fair play to him.

17 Likes

“It’s more likely to turn out to be a big catfish.”

I’m glad he’s got realistic expectations, otherwise this could be quite sad.

11 Likes

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder? (Not making light of OCD. I just happen to appreciate the creative endeavors of OCD folks mainly in the visual arts.)

Still looking, Mr. Feltham?

Here’s its address: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington, DC

6 Likes

If it’s anything I say it’s a giant slug of some kind, that spends most of its life cycle in the mud at the bottom.

I am reminded of the Babylon 5 episode about a guy searching for the Holy Grail.

5 Likes

Pshaw
I’ve been lookin’ for Bigfeets for at least 40 years…

7 Likes

don’t forget the “NW” – otherwise he might to to the apartment complex at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave SE and that would be awkward.

4 Likes

We know the photo is an admitted hoax, right?

5 Likes

The irony of Pesco’s user badge / icon is not lost here.

6 Likes

So how long would you search for something, having no evidence that it’s even real, before you conclude that it’s not there? I usually give up after ten minutes searching for things much smaller than monsters. If I searched for 25 years, would you applaud my perseverance?

3 Likes

Found 'em.

5 Likes

I feel like his commitment to the search is really just a commitment to that laid back lifestyle he seems to be enjoying. I only have this video to go on but it wouldn’t surprise me if his search efforts consisted entirely of peering through those binoculars a few times a day and writing down “nothing yet” in a diary.

13 Likes

sounds like a lovely walk in the country

3 Likes

SE. That’s the cat house. Right? Still works out!

1 Like

And drinking a lot of tea.

Seems like a very happy (and balanced) man.

3 Likes

If I could figure a way to make a living out of searching for gnomes in my garden, I sure as fuck would do it, whether they are real (heh) or not. I might applaud your perseverance, and ask for tips on how you were able to keep it going that long, especially if it’s actually enough of a money maker.

8 Likes

So. You gave up on the hunt for Nargles after just twenty five minutes? Here lies the future of wizard knowledge. :crying_cat_face:

3 Likes

5 Likes