This muscle car has sooooo much muscle

Originally published at: This muscle car has sooooo much muscle | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Well, there’s your problem.

11 Likes

The driver looked happy with the results of his stupidity, or maybe that was regret…

no-fucks-given-look-at-all-the-fucks-i-give

18 Likes

He failed to check his tire pressure first.

13 Likes

Personally, I love people just losing control for no reason and smashing their toy from doing dumb shit.

So what kind was the red car? I wish I could be there to see the eye roll his wife is going to give him for being a dumbass.

11 Likes

The red car was a Dodge Viper, early 2000s era give or take. They came with way more horsepower than the average driver could control or should have, which is why you often see stupid things like this happen. :frowning:

21 Likes

IMHO, this shit happens too often. Folks need to get a grip on their egos.

11 Likes

Ah, I knew it looked familiar. Thanks.

3 Likes

Or better gripping tires?

2 Likes

There’s a reason they don’t call them “brain” cars.

17 Likes

He should have been driving with both hands, instead of stroking his ego.

Looks like the person on the motorcycle had a fine view of the incident.

Or whatever S.O. he has to deal with. It would be amusing to be a fly on that wall.
This looks to me like a case of Middle-Age Crazy… what kind of old dude buys a powerful car & challenges youngsters to a race?

His friends will probably never let him live it down, though.

3 Likes

You’d think that owning a Viper one would know they were designed to kill you. RWD and zero driver assists.

Oh well. Maybe insurance will pay for the sign pole.

10 Likes

Toxic masculinity at its finest. At least while crashing cars they aren’t off starting wars or beating their wives.

13 Likes

He’s already thinking up an excuse about how the throttle cable or a tie rod must have failed.

3 Likes

I’ve seen the same thing with crotch rockets. I’ve seen my share of losing control and just flipping them at red lights when they pop the clutch.

I actually owned a Honda V65 Magna that was in the Guinness Book of World Records for 3 years as the fastest production motorcycle.

That was stupid power on two wheels. Zero to 60 in less than 4 seconds. I raced quite a few crotch rockets beating them every time. It’s amazing I didn’t kill myself but I was very good and knew what I was sitting on.

It had a top speed just shy of 180mph. I did 130 once and scared the living crap out of myself.

5 Likes

That didn’t look like a kid driving that Viper.
I was fortunate to crash my hot-rodded old Chevy truck in a little tiny way from doing that at the age of 19, so I learned not to do it again. The drag strip provided a more sane outlet for that urge.

7 Likes

Loose nut behind the wheel?

15 Likes

Barely surprised when I saw Jay Leno stagger out of the wreck.

6 Likes

450 hp 8 liter V-10. Around $70k USD new. I call these “retirement cars” because you usually only see them gingerly driven by 60+ year old white dudes who always fantasized about owning a sports car but couldn’t justify buying one until they retired. (Corvettes are the standard). You rarely see them going above 40 mph anywhere.

Looks like this guy needed a bit more practice at the track before doing something this dumb.

7 Likes

The depressing bit, as with so many dumb people doing dumb thing scenarios, is that there’s nothing but dumb luck keeping them from killing innocent bystanders.

If they could just keep it to some sort of closed-course slaughterdrome it’d be fine; but that’s clearly not the case here.

13 Likes