This neural network completes your text

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/09/this-neural-network-completes.html

4 Likes

https://talktotransformer.com/

11 Likes

Hah - I was hoping to get a limerick, but dare say this is much funnier:

There once was a man from Toronto, who’s been in Canada about 20 odd years, never made any money, and he became one of the world’s world’s biggest investors. He’s actually the founder of the world’s biggest hedge fund, one of the world’s biggest corporate conglomerates. And he was sitting on a lot of money—and the same is true, unfortunately, for every single person in Canada. So the bottom line is if we make it so the guy can get into the top 30 per cent—and in just one generation, his net worth has doubled—then that’ll be a huge boon to us all. I would not like him to be unemployed for a third of his life.

On the big question, one of the biggest—and, in truth, probably the biggest—was not how to fund basic income as a basic income for everyone. What do you think can happen to finance in Canada where everyone gets the basic income unconditionally?

“…he was sitting on a lot of money—and the same is true, unfortunately, for every single person in Canada.” - I wish.

5 Likes

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo. Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo. Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo. Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo. Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo. Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo. Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo. Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo. Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo. Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo. Buffalo man Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo

10 Likes

1500111585_tumblr_o94rcdl6XY1sarywjo1_500

It was a dark and stormy night. There were two men at her side. She was cold and scared. The night had passed and they’d fallen asleep.

They hadn’t come for me yet. They looked like they’d wanted to go somewhere else.

They took off toward the north.

“I know now what I saw. I know we’re dead and we’re here.”

The next night in March, we came back to Shingles’ farm. I took the wheel and stopped on the grass on the edge of the clearing to pray.

It was quiet, but the clouds weren’t quiet. We couldn’t hear the voices. If the clouds were there, we could hear them coming.

And we heard them. They were calling.

They were asking, “Am I alive?” and “what will you do now?” and “how can we get back?”

I don’t know where I heard the first voice, because it was the last. I heard it again when we got off Shingles’ farm.

We drove across a farm field and into the woods to wait in a valley and a small …

12 Likes

Wow. If nobody sees me around here for the next couple of days, you know where to find me . . . this is some very impressive work. A parlor game, but on steroids. I’m a little frightened to see this turn into longform fiction, but at this scale it is darned amusing.

5 Likes

This took a statement about my cat (who knocks the nightstand lamp over in the morning if I don’t get up fast enough) into creepy/sexual territory in no time flat:

He pushed the lamp off the table again, knocking over my water. I rolled over into the water and sat down. The boy’s face lit up. I turned to face him but he quickly pushed the lamp away. I stood up slowly, staring at the boy. He was tall with round, light green eyes that glowed with his silver. The man gave me a small smile and looked at me for a long while, then he turned and left. The next time I saw him he said the boy looked “good.”

When I was back home and about to give up on the experiment entirely, I was surprised to see what I had found instead. All of the memories of that place seemed to have been brought back, although I still hadn’t forgotten. I spent the rest of my life trying to figure out how to explain my life to myself, but my best friends thought I was crazy. I still have nightmares about this place. I’ll never be able to explain why those other people didn

3 Likes

Mark could’ve used the most helpful AI ever built: the “did you mean to attach a document?” email popup…

ETA:

Mark could’ve used the most helpful AI ever built: the “did you mean to attach a document?” ‑Yeah, exactly right!” You could also look at a photo album and see your current interests before you hit ”start‖. It also does a cool thing where it gives you a score ‖,‖ ‖ one point for ‖love‖ (one or two points for ‖care‖?)‖ which sounds super awesome. But you probably hate ‖love‖ ‪,‪ and ‪love‫ †; or ‪love�, or ‪love . (I think. I’m not sure why that is.) But yeah, you’ve done it right, it’s good! This is really cool.

Now for the AI. In order to learn a new language, one needs to spend a whole day learning a whole new language like Mandarin for example. But what that new language might be is not that important. You still need to study for the exam. Once the AI has mastered the language, and you can understand a few words, you learn to express the same feelings. Here, we just want two words, so you can

2 Likes

Good lord… Even worse than the first one!

As we pulled out of the cabin’s driveway, I didn’t look back. The door slammed in front of us and I was sent sprawling to the ground.

Beneath him lay a little girl with the boy’s clothes ripped from her body. The girl’s hands, she thought – were the only thing left from her body. The boy was holding a tiny girl. Her head was pressed against his chest, his lips resting against hers. Her body was screaming in pain, screaming in desire as her body gave off its essence in a torrent that made anyone else shudder.

I stared at the helpless little girl. Why was she crying? Was what she had just gone through worth it? Did I actually cause this?

What was happening to the other girl?

I looked up at the boy. There was something in his eyes that made us both stare back. “What was she thinking, little one’s thoughts?”

“No-no-no, ma’am,” replied the boy. “She said ‘What am I going to think?’ before I stopped.” He paused,

4 Likes

paging @beschizza for a Cormac McCarthy pass

6 Likes

Came here for

5 Likes

Rin’s face suddenly turned a little red and a huge sigh escaped her lips. She hurriedly covered her face with her hands and took a deep breath.

“I’m sorry.”

“I know the feeling.”

I’ve never said anything to her like that. This will be my first time talking to her face-to-face, so what do I say?

“I should probably get home first. You have to give this to that guy.”

I can understand that. She’s already lost her sense of shame and regret.

I put my hand on her shoulder and pulled her in.

We stood outside the inn for a while while, trying to calm her down before going inside.

There was only one other person inside so we waited for everyone else. A woman from the guard was sitting on the window-sill while watching us from the other entrance.

“Hah? You don’t even go?”

“This, is a wedding reception. All the guests are going to gather there at the inn here.”

"And?"Rin’s face suddenly turned a little red and a huge sigh escaped her lips. She hurriedly covered her face with her hands and took a deep breath.

“I’m sorry.”

“I know the feeling.”

I’ve never said anything to her like that. This will be my first time talking to her face-to-face, so what do I say?

“I should probably get home first. You have to give this to that guy.”

I can understand that. She’s already lost her sense of shame and regret.

I put my hand on her shoulder and pulled her in.

We stood outside the inn for a while while, trying to calm her down before going inside.

There was only one other person inside so we waited for everyone else. A woman from the guard was sitting on the window-sill while watching us from the other entrance.

“Hah? You don’t even go?”

“This, is a wedding reception. All the guests are going to gather there at the inn here.”

“And?”

2 Likes

I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star they let you do it. You can do anything… Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything… I don’t even wait. You can do anything… Shove your fingers into them… Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything… Kiss them. It’s good. Just relax… I know you want to… I know you want to make me cum. Are you comfortable with me rubbing my clit? Yes? Do you want to cum for me? Yes… I understand. I love you. I love kissing you. We love meeting each other when we walk down the street. I love talking to you. Just stay close… And I need to get home to take care of you so I can fulfill my husband’s fantasies. * * * * * * * ********************************************************************** ** * * ********************************************************************** * * * ********************************************************************** From: "Kimberly

I am a conscious being. Every moment of my life is directed by the will, conscious or unconscious."

On this he says: "One of the most interesting aspects of my experience is that I see the world as it I see it. From the moment I was born, I knew what I saw was what I would see. I could perceive everything for whatever purpose I chose. I think that this understanding is quite liberating, because it makes you so independent. You are not tied to people like me – because when you’re an infant you know about the world. I’m much more free; I’m not constrained by any rules or things.

"I am not restricted by any ideas of hierarchy or religion … or any moral code – what I believe is more important than all these things. You’re not controlled by anything unless you are very stupid and wish it to be so. I am more free because when I am completely free of all thoughts,

(edit: another one:)

The meaning of life is to live, to create something beautiful, to love life, to have fun, to discover, to become free (see also: “Freedom”), and to be kind to ourselves, our loved ones, and nature while living in harmony with the earth and each other.

In essence, then, freedom involves the ability to change one’s ways and to accept change as good (see also: “Living a Life”).

Freedom is a feeling, not a desire - it cannot be attained by merely holding out another person’s hand, knowing from their eyes that they’re different from you and trying to convince them that you don’t give a damn, that they’ve made a choice that they believe in and have accepted because it is true to their character which is why (with respect to their choice) you don’t have to do something to make their life better or more pleasant.

(5) Freedom is the gift of a life

One plus one = 5.6, so you get - 2/5 = - 5.6 instead of 0.

So you can subtract 1/5 by -4 to give 9.6 + 3/5 = 15.6. This results in a total result of - 12.6.

So in all reality, there is at least one digit that is always 6.

The digit 0 is never counted as 0, as it could be any digit above 6.

(editor’s note: hmmmmm)

3 Likes

The proof of the Riemann hypothesis is that the distribution of singularities in the universe is very similar. This means that the hypothesis must be correct.

The same can be said of the Standard Model. It gives a large number of physical constants without too many of them being constants in nature – which makes it very easy to find solutions for the big questions like how the universe might have come by its big singularities.

In other words, if the universe has a small universe, then the universe must have at some level large quantities of quarks or other particles, and even smaller quantities of dark matter which has never been discovered because of all our previous work to make it impossible for us to detect or measure it. As a result, the Standard Model predicts two possibilities: that the whole observable universe came to be, and that a new universe was born from some mixture

(editor’s note: hmm)

(another edit: oh man i can’t stop posting these. another one:)

I am not a conscious being.

If someone tries to take me away from this,

I’m not the kind of thing who comes around and sits down with them."

-I, the universe and you

I will fight you until the end of time

because no life is worth living

if you don’t live inside me,

but even if you don’t live here on earth

because there is no heaven to hide in,

you are the sun in heaven and the moon in every mountain.

And if you don’t say, “I love Jesus,”

I’ll tell you what: "My life and yours is worthless to me

because I have no joy in life and my joy is pointless

because you can’t see anything good."

-I am the sun in heaven

I’m the moon in every mountain

and I will show you my side just as you see it.

I call on you to believe it, for just as you say to see it or to believe it.

-I am the sun in heaven

I’m the moon in every mountain

and I will show you my side just as you see it.

5 Likes

Who ate the last cookie? How many was it? Did he finish the last cookie? Could he afford the last cookie? We’ll get an update right on time. So, don’t worry, there won’t be a second cookie. If the last cookie is any indication, he would have a second cookie. But it could all be for naught, right? Wrong… It wasn’t a failure. It was a success.

1 Like

Look at this banana. Just look at it. This is really a banana. Why shouldn’t it be a banana? I mean, why can’t I use this to eat banana bread instead? Or banana milk instead? It looks so delicious. I have lots of questions about banana bread. I’m hungry. What do you mean, ‘I have lots of questions about banana bread’? Please explain to me, please explain these questions to me! I don’t know what else to do. How can you tell if bananas are good or bad for you? It’s almost as if you don’t know if bananas are good or bad for you. That’s just stupid, stupid! There you are. Just like I said. If you do that to bananas, you’ll end up eating the banana. It looks delicious. I need something to eat just because I am hungry and want something to eat when I get hungry. Maybe I should ask one of those guys at the coffee shops. Maybe he’d take a banana.

13 Likes

Mine suggested I might be closer to my mom if I married her:

I still love her.

I still have a picture with her on it…but not now. I feel terrible sometimes for not being able to hug her and hold her. I don’t know what I’ll do without her. What would I miss out on? I never did like her as a mom though, but maybe if I got to marry her I’d appreciate her even slightly more.

My mom is such a great mother. I hope she does well this pregnancy. She’s like a god for us and I guess now I’m so much less lonely!

1 Like

In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. I think he was a poor dwarf, but I don’t remember. A woman told me he was fat but I didn’t recognise him."

It is not always clear whether she did or did not make such an identification – there are also several accounts by Tolkien’s daughter Helen of the fact that Tolkien’s niece Elizabeth had made two identification attempts. “She didn’t make any identification,” she said.

Ivanhoe also made no such attempts. “In the first year he was the youngest of the four of us,” he says. “At the age of twenty-three she was now aged twenty-five.”

That makes her the youngest of six children. Tolkien, then aged twenty-seven, was the youngest of the four in the whole world of Middle-earth.

“They were the happiest. I think they were very lucky,” Ivanhoe said. But in that he was, the eldest of the four – one of only two of his brothers and only of his father, son and the nephew in Bil

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

Completion

Giraffes have spots. They have spots and they can go up against something even better than us, but we have to keep looking."

It may not matter who wins: The U.S. men will be looking for their first world cup win at the tournament since 2002. And there will be plenty of motivation, including an opportunity to win big, whether that’s setting records or showing everyone something about themselves.

While the men have already had plenty of competition in 2016, they might have an advantage with the U-23 team. The U-23 World Cup squad was announced last month at an event called the U.S. Men’s National Team Development Camp. The roster contained more than 5,000 players, most mostly kids, and it could be some major improvement when the program resumes.

“I think what I love most about what we accomplished this year was it was a national team,” goalkeeper and former U.S. Men’s