This political sorting hat will assign you a nice flag

Implying that the only reason all large mammals are around today is that they’re tasty and so humans have refrained from exterminating them?

I have never heard this claim and it seems super weird, can you say more on it?

3 Likes

I really think I should have got an Anarchomonarchist flag :frowning:

2 Likes

No hotlinking or foreign keys!

2 Likes

I was going to happen with 100% probability anyway. Somebody had to do it.

1 Like

More like - border control can’t look up medical databases to find illegal immigrants. Atleast that’s my understanding.

3 Likes

Ditto. I am now officially disappointed and also a bit jealous of all the flags.

@TornPaperNapkin: I don;t think I was indecisive, no.

1 Like

we share very similar flags:

2 Likes

I agree that the questions need a better explanation or translation. I ended up with quite a few tentative or neutral answers because I wasn’t quite sure what they were getting at.

Anyway, here’s my flag:
canvas

Apparently I’m red, and purple.

Well, they got me there.

5 Likes

flag

1 Like

I worked at the Academy of Natural Sciences for a few years. Just long enough to get a pension :wink: .

We are in the middle of the greatest, fastest, most complete extinction event known to science. Faster than climate change killed the dinosaurs, humans are wiping out the natural world that supports our species.

Vegetarianism on a large scale isn’t going to mean every person grows their own food, any more than omnivory has meant everyone killed his own cattle. If we all go vegetarian, every other animal on the planet is competing with agro-business for land use. That means all the large, easily located animals other than humans and pet species are done for, probably in less than a hundred years. An eyeblink in the life of the planet.

BTW, some claim that vegetarian diets kill more mass of living creatures, and more species, than omnivorous or carnivorous diets, because of the insect life issue and reduction of shared habitat. The factory farm is a chemical wasteland, even the horrors of the feedlot are less destructive to the environment. Vegetarianism is bad for our environment, although ethical vegetarianism can’t be entirely properly evaluated on that basis.

6 Likes

Like now?

Also you got awarded two badges! Well now.

2 Likes

many of these are wrong, because the questions were often vague and dumb, or I could tell they weighted my answers wrong.

Communism should have been 0%. Ecology/Productivism 50/50 (they’re not mutually exclusive). Regulatonism was higher than I’d want, Essentialism too.

Nationalism is way too high as well, just because I’m a sports fan doesn’t make me a fascist.

1 Like

flag

Comrades!

3 Likes

Also, the test appears to have been inspired by this:

https://8values.github.io/index.html

Which was in English to start with. So all the oddities in the questions may be the result of double translation.

2 Likes

Screenshot_20171219-223159

Like a colour-blind reworking of the Australian flag. Weird.
Also, I’m some kind of International Progressive, like the protagonist of a forward-looking Soviet Sci-fi novel. So, not all bad :rofl:

2 Likes

Huh, your results look like mine but your flag has a triangle! This might not be as science-based as we thought!
Can we still say “science-based” in here?

2 Likes

That’s completely ridiculous. As if it weren’t enough that the meat industry were evil in a Hannibal Letter or Jigsaw sense in terms of its perverse sadism, it’s also environmentally catastrophic, completely unsustainable, and a complete waste of food and farmable land. And it contributes more to climate change than the entire automotive industry.

Go ahead and eat meat if you want, but don’t delude yourself for a second that you’re doing anyone any favors, or that what you’re doing is in any way ethical.

The flags are cute, but the abysmal phrasing of questions and the regular spelling and grammar errors were embarrassing and make me loathe to share this test with other folks.

There’s a button to generate a “RAMDOM RESULT” permanently at the bottom of the page, fer crissakes.

1 Like

“If you stop eating cows, whales will die!”
I’m not following that argument either @zikzak