This protestors’ sign sums things up quite nicely

I get that. It’s taken me a week, but I’m over my impotent rage and the unfairness of it all. I’ve tamped down my fiery anger into a nice little icy cold ball that I continue to carry with me until it’s time to let go of it. Now it’s time to get busy and get rid of them if we can, fight them at every turn, and most importantly, figure out a way to get the pendulum swinging back our way again and resolve this temporary foolish aberration.

15 Likes

Back on topic, I’m seeing other signs that sum up some things quite nicely.

32 Likes

Agreed. Now is the time.

Aw, that just made me tear up a little.

Never give up; never surrender.

26 Likes

I never took his candidacy seriously enough to write one. The only thing I know of for sure is that he will be anti-choice, and put more anti-choice people in positions of authority.

That’s it? Really?

Why are you so unsure about his other reaffirmed promises, like getting the oil pipeline projects going, and ignoring climate change, and deporting millions of “illegals”?

Oh, right, it’s clearly because you’re on that side of the fence, and you know that saying so openly here – and that openly cheering for Trump – would make most others here take you even less seriously.

10 Likes

Honestly, I do not understand what the hell you are talking about.

So, you were “more afraid of Clinton than” of Trump, based entirely on a laundry list of maybe, possibly, “likely” things about Clinton and absolutely no research whatsoever on Trump’s verifiable promises and statements??

Wow.

16 Likes
13 Likes

And you consider that acceptable, if not preferable, to vague concerns about “corruption”.

12 Likes

Doesn’t impact his life directly, so why should he care.

12 Likes
  1. It’s not a game. The outcome of this election will have devastating impact on a huge number of lives.
  2. Imagine if, for the second time in a span of 16 years, some quirk in the rulebook meant that the team which had the most runs in the final game of the World Series still lost the title. Don’t you think there might be just a little public pressure to change the rules going forward?
23 Likes

You just don’t get it. Rally against that fucking wall he wants to build? I’m with you. Rally against cutting social security? I’m with you. Rally against rounding up illegal immigrants? I’m with you. Rally against restricting abortion? I’m with you. Rally against what ever bullshit this fuckhead will come up with? I’m with you. Rally for changing the voting system, so it will represent the popular vote better? I’m with you. But rallying against the result of an election, because people voted wrong? How? Why? Because democracy isn’t applicable if I really, really dislike the result? I don’t think so.

3 Likes

There’s never a wrong time to take to the streets to denounce fascism.

16 Likes

Obligs.

It’s really fucking NOT.

Honestly, it seems like you’re the one “not getting it.”

Again, people are not rallying against the outcome; they’re rallying against a horrible, grossly unqualified person being elected not because of the actual will of the majority, but because of the fucked up way the system is currently set up.

They are rallying against all the horrible things that horrible person said he would do.

17 Likes

“Currently” being since fucking 1824…

Point being?

7 Likes

Maybe it worked back in 1824. Since this is the second time in recent history a candidate has won the popular vote but lost in the Electoral College, I think it’s reasonable to suggest it’s not working in the present.

17 Likes

I totally agree, it sucks. Good luck changing it.

1 Like

Exactly my fucking point; it doesn’t work anymore, if it ever did.

7 Likes

It’s nothing compared to what was being chanted and displayed at a typical Trump rally.

17 Likes