This public toilet scans your face to make sure you don't use too much toilet paper

I don’t mean those, exactly. Stores, hospitals etc often have more conventional Western-style bathrooms with stalls and urinals and etc that aren’t stocked with toilet paper. My in-laws would carry packets of toilet paper in their pockets or bags when they would go out.

3 Likes

Is not like there’s no presidential precedent.

1 Like

2 Likes

Yes, most people bring their own. It was the retirees and pensioners going to the park and stealing TP. Instead of hiring an attendant they put in the dispensing machine with the facial recognition scanner. If you run out of TP after a particularly messy load you have to wait eight minutes. TP is cheap in China, comparatively, but if you only get 5000 RMB a month in pension you need to cut corners.

The mall where our offices were used a roll dispenser than gave ONE SHEET AT A TIME. It would take a minute just to get enough for a decent wipe. GRRR!

Shouldn’t it be scanning your anus to poo ratio?

1 Like

I found the bathrooms with no stalls to be a bit more disconcerting. But if you gotta go, you gotta go.

1 Like

I held it and went at a restaurant or at our hotel room. Sitting here in my living room with basically no smells around me except maybe myself heheh, I can STILL smell the public toilets in Beijing. …An indescribably, uniquely bad smell. Unlike any bathroom smell I have ever smelled before or since. So yuck.

I work at Microsoft and we have free soda/etc in the breakroom. Everyone’s guilty of grabbing one or two for the road, cause whatever. But one time I was working graves and walked in on a guy loading up a backpack with soda. When he walked past, I saw that he was a fulltime employee (badge gives it away) and I was fairly appalled.

Although apparently when it was founded, they provided free soup and some engineers basically ate nothing but free soup 24/7, and would just get stale bread on the cheap from day-old bins. Some people are just frugal I guess?

Perhaps something about having an especially anal personality.We had one engineer who (and I hope you’re not eating right now) would reuse toilet paper he used to blow his nose in. He’d fold a freshly used piece over, stash it in his desk, let the snot-befouled tissue dry out, then again use the tissue at a later date. Talk about cheap (and disgusting). I thought it wise to steer clear of him.

Hate to expand on your comment butt I was thinking along similar lines - maybe it should measure bowl water displacement and dispense accordingly?

See, that would be a japanese toilet paper facial recognition machine. Way over engineered but kind of cool.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.