This Staples customer broke the leg of a woman who told her to wear a mask

This is a good reason to not shop at Staples!!! An older woman with a cane is pushed down and then attacked with the cane !!! Nice customer service when nobody comes to this woman to help her !!! This must be the new normal !!!

Riiiight… So much smaller, frail elderly woman is closely approached, assaulted, severely injured (broken bones are a HUGE deal for the elderly in case you were unaware) by a MUCH larger, younger woman not bothering with a protective mask who simply walks away afterwards without so much as a look back. Uh huh.

And the assailant is the victim?! I don’t think the assailants mama would think she is either.

I think I’d rather not smoke what you’re into.

4 Likes

Are you sure you replied to the right comment? Because I can’t see how your statements connect to what was said there.

If you want to read up on Karen’s, here‘s an article that explains it.

2 Likes

Or use pepper spray.

The victim was a recent liver transplant patient. Getting up in her business without a mask is an assault. She had every right to enforce some distance around her.

2 Likes

If they were paralyzed, they wouldn’t still be making their copies and stepping over the clearly injured woman on the floor.

1 Like

Employees are often told not to do anything in this type of situation (at least, when I worked retail a decade ago) and wait for police or paramedics to arrive. It’s a liability thing, and often if an employee does intervene, they can be personally liable. If someone had moved the woman and exasperated her injury, the woman could sue the employee, and the employer would bear no responsibility. It sucks.

1 Like

People can compartmentalize. Something bad happens, ignore it and go about your day.

ETA: i.e., unable to do anything (paralyzed) about that particular thing, but not other things.

A bit?
My response would have been a punch in the mouth to the assailant, then going immediately to the aid of the victim, while calling 911 for ambulance and police.
As any right-thinking person should.
That’s not a Right-thinking person, I should hastily add for clarity. :grin:

For sure. They should be getting danger pay, among other things. Many states (even Democratic ones like California) just had to open up early though. What gets my goat is that the same people demanding that the economy open up so they can buy burgers, get their hair done, do photocopying etc. ARE THE SAME PEOPLE REFUSING TO WEAR MASKS. If you want people to put themselves at risk for your convenience, do your part and wear a GDMF mask.

6 Likes
1 Like

I highly doubt the black woman who attacked her is a Trump supporter.

A dollar store in Flint, MI did, and now he’s dead because of a person he told to wear a mask shot him.

@mallyboon: it’s rampant selfishness all the way down.

6 Likes

Damn, that’s sad. Imagine that’s how you go… defending yourself & others, protecting a collection of $1 items. And I’m a sucker for dollar stores.

1 Like

Any charges? Looked like a crime to me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.