This Ted Cruz attack ad is just a Trump tweet on a truck

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/02/this-ted-cruz-attack-ad-is-jus.html

7 Likes

But think of how much more he hasn’t had time to achieve in the past 12 years!

9 Likes

Attempting to sway someone who respects Trump’s opinion, using the written word? That’s a bold strategy, Antonio.

29 Likes

Without the headline I wouldn’t have known this was an attack on Cruz. Personally I tend to look favorably on anyone Trump trashes.

8 Likes

The cowards and opportunists in the GOP still haven’t learned what many NYC-area construction industry vendors and condo owners have learned: when you do business with Il Douche he’s gonna screw you over, one way or the other.

16 Likes

There’s a truck with a tweet on it for everything!

5 Likes

In simpler, pre-Trump times this strategy may have worked like gangbusters, but we live in a world of alternative facts where truth isn’t truth.

2 Likes

Soon there will be tweet trucks on every corner.

That I’m probably not in favor of…

Also: Go Maria Stanley! Let’s blue up these Southwestern failed states!

4 Likes

2006 or 2016? The date in the tweet is two years ago.

6 Likes

I’m confused… the article says the tweet was in 2006, but the image shows it as 28 Feb 2016…

Yeah. That.

5 Likes

It just feels like 12.

16 Likes

Rumor has it, if enough people say that three times fast, Ted Cruz will disappear.

5 Likes

Trump Tweet on a Truck: band name. Tongue twister, too!

1 Like

The same people who funded this are fundraising for a “Kavanaugh Lied” truck for DC

1 Like

I appreciate the effort, but I don’t think Beyoncé and Jay-Z concerts are the most effective use of resources. Cruz did lose Dallas County in 2012…

You’re doing it wrong.

2 Likes

Doing what now?

one incident in Houston involved a man who pulled in front of the truck and suddenly stopped to block it. The truck drove around him

It won’t change ANY minds. They know the rest of Trump’s egregious past and still support him. “Reasonable people (ie. those I agree with) can change their minds.”

It’s a personality cult based on hate, fear, and an incredibly skewed take on reality.

It honestly would not surprise me if a study found that this actually HELPS Cruz. The “logic” would be something along the lines of “See - Cruz came around, clearly that shows that Trump is RIGHT.”

The standard is the obverse of the standard conservative standard - it’s good if it pisses conservatives off.

2 Likes