This trailer for "Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser" is so awful that Disney took it down

Updated the post with a new embed. A lot of these tracks are great for driving/motorcycling.

2 Likes

I had to look him up because I had no idea who was either. He is a child-actor who is now 22 years old. I think must be pretty 1-dimensional because he really came off as an excited 12 year old. He’s also listed at 5’9" which puts Ms. Johnson at an estimated 6’4".

2 Likes

He plays a giant nerd on TV on the Goldbergs. He isn’t full bore playing his character, but it is close enough.

I imagine the show is more popular with the kids and/or younger parents who have kids the right age that such and immersive environment would be “magical”.

The only possible explanation for this is that the writers and the director truly loathe Sean Giambrone and wanted to kill his commercial career.

2 Likes

It really does seem wrong.

That’s the performance I was thinking of too, but I guess to be fair the lady who was singing that song wasn’t the Twi’elk (a background dancer), it was this one:

2 Likes

Interesting dynamic between the two - the guy is 5’ nothing from some obscure TV show and channeling his best MCU Peter Parker boyish awe , and she’s much taller, likely very accomplished and respected in her industry. The height difference accentuates just how bad the pairing is, that she’s gotta deal with this man-child.

Also, any time I see “Artist’s Rendering” that is a huge red flag that indicates your experience will be NOTHING like what you see… partially because our imagineers haven’t build that stuff yet and we’re still dithering if children should be let into the bar area.

Rather go here actually.

3 Likes

The whole concept reminds me of the fake cruise from The Magic Christian.

3 Likes

I did this for free at the Vegas Star Trek Experience 20 years ago, with a small upcharge for the play-like Borg walkthrough. Nice that all those sets in storage appear to have found a new home.

It looks very underwhelming.

You should only be allowed to stay here if you are in full, pre-approved cosplay attire.

No Beskar, No Lightsaber, No service.

2 Likes

Aren’t those both supposed to be extremely rare commodities in the Star Wars universe? Surely most people on the cruise ship would be non-combatant civilians. Moisture farmers, droid mechanics and nerf-herders need vacation time too.

5 Likes

Thanks for this analysis. I agree: once Disney gets this right it starts to look like a cross between LARPing and immersive theater that will be very compelling for people who have the money to spend on it.

3 Likes

To be fair, one of the complaints I’ve seen about the video is that a lot of the decorating aesthetics read more as Star Trek than Star Wars, in a trying-to-look-sci-fi-without-knowing-the-source-material-differs kind of way.

7 Likes

[Nerds shake fists angrily in general direction of J.J. Abrams]

3 Likes

if i had the money, i’d go. but ooof, that video was SO bad.

Here’s the toilet.

8 Likes

Replicator food made from our own shit. Sounds like that’s on par for Disney, tho.

4 Likes

4 Likes

6 Likes