This Vankyo mini projector displays images up to 200 inches across

Originally published at: This Vankyo mini projector displays images up to 200 inches across | Boing Boing

1 Like

So this projector’s resolution is “480p 1920x1080”, huh? That’s…interesting. Also, I would love to see exactly what kind of bass response you’d get from whatever tiny speaker they crammed into this thing.

You should probably spend more than $100 on a projector. Just saying.

3 Likes

It “accepts” a 1080p signal, but the native resolution of the LCD is only 480p. Downsampling.

It’s often something you find in the fine print of these low-cost projectors which are too good to be true: Something is lower than it would initially seem, either native resolution, or lumen output, or both.

2 Likes

Big red flag is it is not easy to track down brightness specs for this unit. If a spec isn’t embarrassing, they’ll publish it, so if they don’t it’s a huge flag. Like the “studio quality mics” on macbooks and ipads; the quality is so high I guess they thought they don’t need to publish the specs. Needless to say they are no where near studio quality, and from what I could track down this projector will probably be frustratingly not bright enough, in addition to the native resolution issue you mention.

3 Likes

Leisure 420

Never guess what I’m doing, RIGHT NOW!

giphy-2

1 Like

Loving on a bong that has it’s wanting eyes set on a cargo ship while the day changes? You need to work on and strengthen that relationship. Ima go do the same.

1 Like

78080ceeac6a1b3974f68cdc0178734e

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.