This wallet raised $170k on Kickstarter for good reason. Now it's in our store

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/09/15/this-wallet-raised-170k-on-ki.html

1 Like

But WHO are you, anonymous copywriter?

14 Likes

I wrap my cards with an elastic band. It costs nothing.

5 Likes

Everything I need is either tattooed somewhere on my body or in an embedded chip.

5 Likes
10 Likes

If this goofy wallet-ish thing changed your life, it says more about your life than it does the wallet.

A rather obnoxious friend of mine uses a rubber cock ring to perform essentially the same function as this overpriced geegaw.

I sometimes use an asparagus rubber band (as a wallet, that is.)

11 Likes

Hey man whatever works for you if is fine by us…

6 Likes

For perspective, this (currently) puts this particular wallet as the 18th most funded wallet on Kickstarter.

And it’s offered for sale on [the creator’s website] (The Nomatic Wallet – NOMATIC) for $19.99, so I don’t know how 20% off of $19.99 is $18.99 instead of $15.99.

10 Likes

Extra clueless points for name-dropping of one of the most infamous cases of kickstarter gone wrong as if it was a wholly positive example.

5 Likes

It gets worse.

Amazon recently had a sale underselling the original Kickstarter price (while many Kickstarter backers still have yet to receive their coolers).

5 Likes

Just make sure not to rub the magnetic strip together!

3 Likes

Sweet slime-envelop’d Cthulhu, that’s a lot of wallets! Most of them looking like clones of one of two basic layouts. Hard to believe they all can get so much kickstarter support.

Personally I don’t like too-skinny wallets any more than I like too-skinny phones, (or for that matter too-skinny sex partners). Here is the wallet I carry, holds as much stuff as a mini tool bag and built hell for stout.

1 Like

So… If you need cash, everyone around you can see how much you’re carrying, unlike a traditional wallet, when you can just pull out the individual bills that you need. What a really terrible idea.

2 Likes

I guess that works. I’d be the last person to cast…

3 Likes

I love Sophia!

Caution against flashing a big wad of cash in the wrong environment is not paranoia, it’s common sense.

2 Likes

I know. I was just ribbing you. I basically agree with you :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.