This Washington State Representative has been accused of domestic terrorism and won't step down

anti-facist-spencer-punch|nullxnull

13 Likes

What I meant were the horrific conditions of Jonestown. Forced labor, people kept in fear of the outside, keeping people from leaving, abusive leadership, lack of facilities…

and anyway, i doubt they’d survive very long without the infrastructure we the people provide however much they rail at government and taxes

Also kind of my point. They make a big stink about “Oppressive government” while collecting welfare, farm subsidies and depending on government infrastructure. “Libertarians” are full of shit by nature.

6 Likes

In the fine print, I think he’s advocating death to all uncircumcised males too. (Possibly a field conversion might be allowed, but hell no!)

eta: Amazingly, this was like the first question that the early Christians settled. Don’t they ever read their own Bible? (Narrator: No, they do not.)

3 Likes

To be fair (and I won’t do this often, so enjoy the moment), I can’t really blame them for participating in society when they can’t opt out. I don’t object to helping homeless people who haven’t paid any taxes so I can’t object to them legitimately claiming welfare that they have contributed towards.

Right wing “libertarians” don’t care about anyone’s liberty but their own. This puts them in the same political category as just about every dictator in human history.

8 Likes

“Advocates of capitalism are very apt to appeal to the sacred principles of liberty, which are embodied in one maxim: The fortunate must not be restrained in the exercise of tyranny over the unfortunate.”

– Bertrand Russell

10 Likes

Bunch o’ dick checkers

Oh, there is plenty of land remote enough and off the grid enough to “opt out.” They could avoid all banks, all credit cards, all utilities, and be totes independent. But they don’t have that capacity. They’re sociopaths at best, so they would have limited ability to work together and care for those in need when tornadoes, floods, etc. happen.

For this group, it’s grazing their cattle on public lands. Somehow, they think they have that right, as if, without a government, it would be their land, rather than someone else’s land. In reality, it would be someone else’s land who would shoot or take their cattle the moment they started grazing across the line.

6 Likes

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6589242-Shea-WA-House-Report.html doesn’t have OCR.

so I made this

2 Likes

That already describes Eastern Washington well…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.