Those times the US military hoaxed the public about extraterrestrial contact

Originally published at: Those times the US military hoaxed the public about extraterrestrial contact | Boing Boing

1 Like

20 Likes

15 Likes

I was never a fan of the show, but possibly the weirdest and funniest episode includes (spoiler, if that matters at this point) the US military faking an alien abduction, only to have their fake aliens also get abducted.

5 Likes

Hhhh. We have stuff like this:

eso0021f

you’d expect to see whole galleries of UFOs pics, including the FB pages of the saucer’s pilots with links to their Insta feed.
What we have is… crickets (and discussions on the authenticity of some papers from decades ago, plus the usual dots on shaky videos).

3 Likes

Eh? That photo is just the Very Large Telescope.

1 Like

I believe I read a book based on this called Majestic… though I thought it was called Majestic 12… I looked it up. I think my mind remembered the cover that blended it and the cover of “communion” together.

1 Like

I was familiar with this book, though I haven’t read it.

and his other famous book, that various weirdos have cornered me and spouted about at parties.

tumblr_012a8b606e3787d19d30f75b762eb912_dd9778b3_640

IIRC it was a fiction book, but based on the papers and sorta sold as “half truths”. I dunno - as a younger kid I was in to ALLL the weirdness out there. Aliens, Atlantis, psychics, etc etc. Stuff you would read in Omni.

2 Likes

Am I missing something here? Evidence?

Meanwhile back in 2021…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.