Thoughtful, devastating critique of Jordan Peterson's "12 Rules for Life"

Are you leaving? Do have a great day, then. Ta.

Rule 5: Own your shit; both good and bad.

13 Likes

Can I train my dachshund to bury her shit instead?

That’d be good.

Bury your shit. I’m tired of cleaning up after you!”

14 Likes

Rule six: don’t be yappy! Bark like you mean it, but only when you need to! No one likes a yappy dog that barks at everyone all the time!

14 Likes

Well, if you’re doing self help for doggos, that makes sense.

A self-help book for cats would never sell, though; kittehs are too damn stubborn and self-satisfied to want to change.

16 Likes

Be careful what you wish for. :cold_sweat:

9 Likes

Between this and duck penises I often wonder about Mother Nature, I really really do.

13 Likes

That’s fair, although in part that’s my intent- too often people describe themselves as anti-PC in such a slippery fashion that the term has no meaning, serving simply as a cover so they don’t have to back up or evaluate their statements.

My own feelings on the matter developed as I learned to save my bullets, so to speak- as a teen I was very much in the “offend everyone at all times” mindset. It took seeing people I cared about take issue with that shit (and a dose of maturity) to realize that I wasn’t challenging the privileged, and by including the less-empowered among my targets I was only really reaffirming power structures and biased social norms.

All that said,

Yes plz

2 Likes

"…providing the extra hormones takes a toll on the mother. The dose of androgen that she received from her own alpha mother damages her ovaries, making it difficult to conceive.

It also causes female reproductive organs to grow. A lot. Her clitoris, which contains the birthing canal, protrudes 7 inches from her body."

12 Likes

And then

8 Likes

7 Likes

So far so good, but don’t forget to work in lobsters.

13 Likes

Roger that!

I hear that so often. It’s derailment.

“You’re just saying that because you’re indoctrinated by PC culture.” (Boom! Now I don’t have even address what you actually said, ha!)

"

15 Likes

Rule 29: Eat them with butter and garlic, or not at all.

12 Likes

15 Likes

Proposed Rule 29b: Unless you like them deep fried.

7 Likes

12 Likes

OK, you guys are going to start a flamewar with anyone on here from the east coast:

8 Likes

Real east coasters know that boiled and steamed are the way to go…

6 Likes

That’s much more preferable to the endless regurgitated cycle of arguing futilely with Jordaddy’s minions:

12 Likes

Mmm, Novia Scotia is a corner case, but so long as we don’t let the Newfies in this is an acceptable entry.

4 Likes