Three folks casually drift down river on chunk of ice

sus

8 Likes

When I was a kid there was an old guy that used to walk on the ice flows for fun. He wore a fancy dry suit with ski poles.

By us we don’t see people but we see an occasional animal.

It was this bunny’s lucky day because my wife saw him floating by and yelled “oh my god” which got me downstairs in a hurry.

I cobbled together a net on a extension pole and scooped it up.

We now have a very nice, very sturdy net on a nice extension pole at the ready.

13 Likes

disappear, you mean

3 Likes

The Brick Moon is available, being out of copyright, on Project Gutenberg!

https://gutenberg.org/ebooks/1633

7 Likes

Well if that isn’t the strangest copycat of an original drawing I ever saw :roll_eyes:
5b9d641512841fdfa6daf1faf890597e

18 Likes

Also, this is obligatory,
Yukon Cornelius on iceberg

14 Likes

They spend the rest of the year underwater. They only come up this time of year to get a couple cartons of eggnog, before they go back underneath.

5 Likes

do it becky chung GIF

6 Likes

youtube version:

in russian, i think:

“Have the bus fees risen again? Where is your next stop?”

“We’ll stop whenever we finish the ride!”

eta:

( via the siberian times )

Author of the video Alexander told The Siberian Times that he went outside as soon as he saw that ice on River Tom started to move.

'We always go out to enjoy the sight of the ice breaking and beginning to move. Riding on ice floes is a typical kind of fun for our children and teens.

‘They do it every year. They get bored in quarantine, not everyone has a computer… I saw these guys jumping off that ice floe safely and walking away to find a new one.’

12 Likes

Mythbusters did a few segments about pykrete. Also Bang Goes The Theory built a pykrete boat - complete with outboard motor:

5 Likes

That’s… not a good design. Not quite a boat, not quite a pontoon. There are plenty of good reasons why the hulls of ships and boats look the way they do.
Maybe they should have teamed up with a couple of engineering students with experience in small concrete vessels.
http://concretecanoe.org/
Or looked into the rich history of concrete ships.

4 Likes

Looks like a scene from a music video.

1 Like

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.